Manager, Partner Creative and Services
10 days ago
Team Name:Activision Blizzard Esports Leagues
Job Title:Manager, Partner Creative and Services
Activision Blizzard is a globally renowned company responsible for the development and publishing of hit video games across all current generation platforms including Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, and Overwatch. Additionally, the company has developed best in class esports programs for each of its relevant titles operating truly global competitions for gaming properties including the Overwatch League™ and the Call of Duty League™, as well as the commercialization of the entire Blizzard Esports portfolio. Launched in 2017, the Overwatch League is the world’s first major global esports league with city-based teams, with 20 clubs across Asia, Europe, and North America. In 2020, the Call of Duty League launched with 12 clubs in Europe and North America also following the city-based teams structure. It is Activision Blizzards vision to be the most innovative, scalable, and valuable developer of fan centric video game titles and global competitive entertainment.
In this role on the Partner Creative and Services team, you will work across multiple teams to formulate brand partnerships to further elevate the Leagues and support Game launches. Working with the Global Partner Development team, you will bring brand opportunities to internal stakeholders to develop programs delivering on all parties KPIs.
- Use consumer insights, esports, and video game knowledge to create new brand partnership opportunities
- Partner with league operations, game development teams, marketing, and sales to develop proposals for league platforms and creative elements for sponsor branding
- Formulate cohesive programs for external brands while also complimenting League and Game goals
- Write and present briefs for internal partners informed by the brand partnership, audience needs, and internal goals
- Collaborate to create opportunities for brands based on internal needs and inventory
- Present opportunities to key internal stakeholders for alignment and revisions
- Stay knowledgeable about aspects of Leagues and Games to support Partner Development throughout their sales process
- Lead and facilitate content meetings and brainstorms
- Follow content, social, and digital trends and best practices within and outside of gaming and esports
- A passion to develop an expert knowledge of esports and the games we make
- A curiosity about our audiences and the reasons why they watch esports
- Interest in pop culture, entertainment, music, and the intersection of games and culture
- Experience creating or facilitating the creation of content for digital consumption
- Experience working with global audiences and teams
- Experience as an Account Manager or Integrated Marketing team member a plus
- Experience developing strategic proposals and communications plans
- An ability to collaborate with a diverse group of internal stakeholders to help solve problems and create consensus on how to execute
- 4+ years of professional experience in games, entertainment, account management, and/or marketing
About the Partner Creative and Services Team:
We seek to create fan-first platforms and experiences.
This is our opportunity to redefine how brand partnerships appear in games, esports, sports, and entertainment - collaborative, driven by insights, and using the best of technology.
- Advocates for our fans and players
- Passionate about the potential of esports
- Driven and excited by how brands can help elevate our products