Manager, Original Content
Los Angeles, CA
5 days ago
Rooster Teeth, creators of award-winning productions such as Red vs. Blue, RWBY and gen:LOCK, are looking for a Manager, Original Content to join the current Development team, reporting to the Head of Development and working alongside top leadership within the company.
The ideal candidate has a love for both live-action & animation in both the scripted and unscripted space, and is well-connected within the entertainment industry. Strong communication skills along with a solid network of industry contacts is a must. S/he should be a true team player who can integrate and interface well with the existing department, both creatively and personally. The candidate should have a proven track record of working with a team to help develop, produce and sell projects across the marketplace.
At Rooster Teeth, we believe that the content we put out in the marketplace is only as great as the talent within the company which creates it. We are committed to building an environment which embraces community and champions diversity, while ensuring we remain the most creative, innovative and collaborative entertainment company in the industry.
- This individual will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of development including but not limited to: Maintaining a robust development pipeline, sourcing and securing high-profile IP, brokering option and development deals, pitching and selling projects to external buyers/partners and working with Business Development to secure funding partnerships for co-productions, where necessary.
- Lead the structured process of film/series development from initial idea generation to script completion, working not only with the company’s Development team but also with the production teams within Rooster Teeth Animation as the project moves through the development process.
- Collaborate with key creatives (Producers, Directors, Writers) on development projects, taking initiative to move projects forward
- Hear pitches, participate in notes calls, and attend creative and general meetings
- Interprets and translates notes from creative discussions and ensures timely distribution to Executives and Talent
- Provides notes and creative input on scripts and reading materials with a strong knowledge of story structure and character development
- Work with Production to ensure that greenlit projects are fully realized in production
- Develop and grow relationships with management companies and talent agencies in order to find new writers, artists, directors, producers; and to source new projects.
- Present ideas to executive leadership in a clear, articulate and engaging manner.
- Serve as a creative ambassador and build a culture of creative thinking and innovation with internal teams.
- Align with business development, where needed, to structure and secure funding partnerships for co-productions.
- Develop processes and workflows to maximize internal resources.
- Liaise with RT Direct team, Marketing, PR, Sales, Programming as well as Business & Legal Affairs to ensure communication between departments is flowing smoothly.
- 4+ years experience in scripted TV and/or film development
- Strong, productive relationships with the creative community; including studios, agents, filmmakers, production companies and other general talent
- Experience packaging film/TV projects, generating talent lists, tracking specs and IP
- Excellent persuasive presentation, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to sell ideas concisely to all levels
- Experience packaging projects, generating talent lists, tracking specs and IP
- Knowledge of deal structure, rights, options, and talent negotiations
- Deep understanding of comedy, gaming, & genre programming a plus
- Experience in comedy development highly desired
- Proactive & positive self-starter with the ability to work autonomously and collaborate with a team
- Must have an eye for high-quality content and be comfortable defending opinions in a collaborative environment
- Willingness to travel for pitches, conferences and/or general meetings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, detail oriented
- Ability to give discerning and constructive notes on scripts
- An artist friendly personality, someone who deeply values the creative process
- Proficiency with some or all of the following is preferred: Apple applications, iOS, Microsoft Office suite, Final Draft, Slack, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Benefits + Perks:
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Use What You Need paid time off
- 401(k) with a company match
- Catered meal on Mondays
- Opportunity for career growth
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Friendly
ABOUT ROOSTER TEETH:
Rooster Teeth is a pioneering media and entertainment company responsible for some of the biggest online series in history, such as the award-winning and longest-running web series, Red vs. Blue. They also produce the globally acclaimed animated series RWBY, the first western anime series to be distributed in Japan; the award-winning Rooster Teeth Podcast; and Immersion, a reality format that brings video game theory to the real world. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 45 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique monthly visitors to its RoosterTeeth.com
hub and 3 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is a subsidiary of Otter Media, a WarnerMedia company. Discover more at RoosterTeeth.com