Manager, HR Business Partner
9 days ago
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon America is a leader in online gaming and award-winning publisher of renowned MMORPGs MapleStory , Mabinogi and Vindictus , which have gone on to break records and captivate players, and the company was recognized as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company in February 2021. With new projects on the horizon, Nexon America maintains the pioneering and innovative spirit of its parent company, Nexon, employing its player-first approach, while designing the best possible gameplay experiences for the western market.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
We have an exciting opportunity for a seasoned HR Business Partner to join our Human Resources Team. An ideal candidate will have both large, corporate HR experience and start up experience with an ability to think both strategically and broadly, but capable and willing to take a hands-on, roll-up-your sleeves approach to tackle multiple, competing priorities.
- Provide full-cycle business partner support to Pixelberry Studios under the Nexon West umbrella
- Establish and maintain an intimate understanding of the organization and talent
- Proactively assess business and org performance to recommend and drive action through a consultative, “influence without authority” approach
- Partner closely with Studio Administration, HR Operations, and Talent Acquisition Teams to implement and drive processes and programs to enhance company performance along with employee’s workplace experience
- Partner closely with business leaders in the areas of Change Management, Leadership Development, Employee Relations, Immigration, Performance Management, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, Compensation Planning, Goal Setting
- Advise business leaders on various organizational and employee matters that arise in the course of employment
- Build and maintain successful and trusted client relationships with business leaders and their teams
- 5+ years of experience in a HR Business Partner capacity
- Solid understanding and exposure in all areas of HR, including Change Management, Employee Relations, Learning & Development, Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Performance Management, Talent & Succession Planning, Leadership Development
- Experience developing and executing org design and communication strategies
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to meet key deadlines and goals
- Excellent judgement and quick thinking
- Detail-oriented and analytical
- Experience working in Gaming, Entertainment, or High Tech preferred
- Ability to work out of Mountain View, CA or Los Angeles, CA and open to light travel (either to Mountain View, CA or Los Angeles, CA)
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.