Manager, Global Total Rewards
25 days ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re searching for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
Jam City is looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our People & Culture team as an owner of compensation and total rewards for the Company and its businesses. The role will report to the VP, People & Culture and will support strategic initiatives and drive execution across the team utilizing current compensation best practices.
As the Manager, Global Total Rewards , you will be responsible for overall global strategy aligned with the industry and execution of compensation and benefits services, compliance, Executive Compensation, overall Compensation, Wellness & Benefits and employee recognition programs. You’ll be an integral part of the People Leadership Team working in close partnership to continually improve and develop these strategies. The Manager, Global Total Rewards will conduct market analysis and research to support compensation decisions and program recommendations to ensure competitive position (internal/external) for pay, pay for performance, retention and motivation and will serve as the point person for handling a variety of cross-functional People team projects including total rewards and compensation, reporting/metrics and governance. We are looking for a technical and strategic thinker who possesses a professional presence, is a high-energy team player and adaptive in a dynamic and changing environment, and, as such, this is a critical role with a lot of responsibility and enormous growth potential as the business scales.
- Provide deep expertise in overall total benefits and rewards, compensation approaches and solutions, discretionary bonus program, executive compensation and benefits, shared services, HR technology and systems (in support of areas of responsibility), data analytics, and policies/compliance.
- Manage the annual benefits renewal cycle; proactively manage and create strong partnerships with benefits brokers and providers, including rate renewal negotiations, claims handling, market surveys, open enrollment communication and meetings.
- Ensure employee recognition programs drive engagement and align with our culture.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to define the company’s compensation philosophy and salary administration, structure, and systems; partner effectively with payroll team.
- Flawlessly manage our compensation practices around key touch points, such as new hire offers, promotions, discretionary bonus, merit increases and annual market adjustments.
- Lead the development, communication and effective implementation of People policies as needed.
- Owns and administers all aspects associated with participation in compensation surveys (i.e., Radford, Croner, etc.) including job benchmarking, job description writing and maintaining repository for compensation materials.
- Participates in the annual and equity salary planning process including annual base salary increases, varying bonus and incentive compensation plans and equity recommendations.
- Administers the annual compensation and bonus cycle and partners with the HR team to improve automation and efficiency of processes in HRIS.
- Provide information and insight via reporting and analytics in partnership with People Analytics team.
- Proactively stay abreast of changing laws and regulations to ensure company compliance with the laws where we do business and expand our business.
- Assists the VP, People & Culture in the coordination of strategic planning and budgeting activities by taking a lead role in defining project needs and budgets.
- A minimum of 12+ years’ experience operating as the leader of overall people operations and total rewards.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation strongly preferred.
- An advanced degree or related experience (bachelor’s degree minimally required).
- Demonstrable expertise in the following areas: total rewards, shared services, HR systems, benefits.
- Experience defining compensation and benefits in multiple countries (US, Canada, South America and potentially others) around the globe.
- Excellent analytical, project management, problem resolution and client service skills required
- Advanced Excel skills to include complex formulas, tables, charts, lookups, macros and data modeling.
- You have a deep passion for compensation strategy, planning, design, and implementation.
- You have collaborated with business leaders to create value and lasting change.
- You thrive in high-volume, fast-paced and feedback driven environments.
- Cross-functional communication comes naturally to you.
- You’re highly self-motivated and energetic in your work
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation for this role. The range listed is just one component of Jam City's total compensation package for employees, which may also include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, certifications, location, business needs, or market demands. This range is based on a full-time position. This range may be modified in the future. In addition, Jam City provides a variety of benefits to employees, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, parental leave, paid time off, a 401(k) plan, life, disability, and accident insurance. Pay Range$102,000 - $179,500
CHECK OUT LIFE AS A JAM CITIZEN:
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.