Manager, Global Digital Commerce
17 days ago
Job Title:Manager, Global Digital Commerce
As a Manager, Global Digital Commerce you will support the Director of Global Digital Commerce in all aspects of global digital account management. This includes relationship management, sales, merchandising, promotions, and negotiations with all relevant accounts. Working with the Director and Vice President, this person will drive revenue growth for digital content and secure support for in-game activities on digital platforms and marketplaces. Additionally, through coordination and communication with key internal stakeholders (Commercial Leaders, Business Units/Product Management, Production, Finance/Strategy, Operations, Legal, Consumer/Digital Marketing, PR and Media teams), this person will drive process efficiencies to maximize the net contribution of revenue. The right candidate will be excellent in developing and fostering relationships both externally and internally and have experience working with large teams and organizations. In addition, the right candidate will have digital business development experience, and be detail-oriented, with the ability to focus on driving the execution of digital commerce strategy and marketing and promotional activities.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Manage commercial relationships with partners such as PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo, and work to secure premium merchandising and marketing support for every game release and major update from partners tied to key announcements and marketing activities
- Develop a deep understanding of the levers that drive sell-through of digital products, and work with digital partners to secure placement, promotion, and traffic to drive sales of full games, downloaded content, and virtual currency
- Provide decision support on optimal release timing, pricing, and promotional activities for new digital product releases
- Track execution via regular digital store checks and oversee resolution of any issues
- Review market trends, competitive programming and promotions, and analyze and recommend new digital promotional opportunities
- Develop and provide recommendations on catalog promotions and merchandising to generate additional revenues, help extend the life of well performing catalog titles, and elevate consumer support for upcoming sequel titles
- Collaborate with Product Teams to develop comprehensive Go To Market plans for new releases and catalog titles across Activision Blizzard portfolio – Call of Duty, Overwatch, Diablo, and more
- Prepare and deliver product slate presentations for digital partners to drive excitement and create opportunities to collaborate on creative ways to drive digital commerce
- Provide feedback on future digital product development and digital SKU configurations, including pre-order incentives
- Facilitate global wholesale pricing matrix across relevant digital platforms
- Work with Digital Commerce senior leadership to answer strategic business questions through use of customer and performance data
- Develop and track KPIs; assess reporting needs to enhance insight into the business and highlight areas of operational improvement
- Assess digital customer profitability on a customer-by-customer basis
- Collaborate and communicate with key stakeholders across multiple functions to provide structure and execute strategic business initiatives, providing analytical insight and performance analysis
- Liaise with digital supply chain, submissions and operations team on digital product submissions and updates
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- 4-6 years experience in digital business account management and content sales (worked directly with at least 2 digital accounts on weekly calls or meetings); gaming or entertainment digital commerce experience preferred
- Technological understanding of digital ecosystem, format, and constraints, as well as the logistics of digital content from developer to consumer via large digital market places
- Well-developed external relationship management and negotiation skills with several digital and/or retail customers
- Strong understanding of relevant digital commerce business models, such as buy-and-download, subscriptions, microtransactions, in-game advertising, etc.
- Experience in providing creative input into digital products for the purposes of improved commercialization
- Exposure to performance marketing / digital conversion marketing via paid media to drive customer acquisition to digital products and content (managed or involved with at least 2 paid media campaigns to support product launches or promotions)
- Strong analytical and planning skills
- Polished written and verbal communicator
- Expert in MS Office (Word, Excel [ie: pivot tables], PowerPoint)
- Pragmatic and hands-on, “can do” attitude, not afraid to think outside the box
- Experience working in a global team and adaptability/flexibility around global time zones
- Team spirit, ability to work autonomously, sociable and sense of humor and a passion for games
- Strong personal interest in technology and digital entertainment content
- Able to operate in a rapidly changing and dynamic work environment in order to respond quickly to changing commercial strategies and market dynamics
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.