Manager, Global Broadcast Production
12 days ago
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Manager, Global Broadcast Production
Job Summary: The Manager of Global Broadcast Production is responsible for guiding a team and leading the broadcast production of competitions and events for multiple product categories at events in North America, Europe, Latin America, Oceania, and online. This role develops objectives and strategies to increase the overall effectiveness of broadcasting the Pokémon TCG, VG, Pokémon UNITE, and Pokémon GO with a focus on increasing engagement for viewers.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: Yes
What you’ll do
- Scale, coach, and mentor broadcast producers for multiple products including the Pokémon TCG, VG, Pokémon UNITE, and Pokémon
- Develop and manage global broadcast production and segment content production for competitive events across North America, Europe, Latin America, and Oceania.
- Manage global broadcast schedules and workflows including graphics, run of shows, talent, music, narrative focus, and vendor contracting.
- Lead and partner with internal and external teams to ensure broadcasts are successfully executed at a high-quality standard.
- Work closely with esports team to ensure the path to worlds is accurately conveyed.
- Work closely with premier events team to ensure broadcast needs are supported at events.
- Develop and direct creative, themes, and show content to increase average minute audience and ensure alignment with global strategies and broadcast goals.
- Develop standards of production and ensure standards are adhered to globally.
- Responsible for continually evaluating and improving the overall execution of global broadcasts.
- Prepare ROI evaluations for broadcast, track performance, and continually seek to improve content with new technology.
- Determine selection and training methods for broadcast talent.
- Direct vendors to design and execute broadcasts with global vision.
- Ensure that broadcast components are created and delivered on-time and within established resource constraints.
- Negotiate contracts and manage relationships with outside vendors across 4 continents.
What you’ll bring
- Six+ (6+) years of relevant professional experience, plus one (1) year of management experience.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Live broadcast experience for events, sports, or esports of at least 1,000 hours.
- Expert in broadcast production, competitive show flows, and evaluating createive for broadcast.
- Ability to tell a story through a tournament with a cohesive creative and narrative vision from start to finish.
- A inquisitive mindset with a desire to continually challenge the status quo to improve broadcasts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines, and meticulous attention to detail.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, both as a leader of teams and as a leader of projects - dynamic, strategic and resourceful.
- Creative and effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to respond to problems and to assist others with a calm, courteous, and helpful manner and attitude.
- Thorough understanding of legal regulations effecting broadcast content and messaging.
- Knowledge of broadcast industry trends.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient with Adobe Suite of products.
- A understanding of Pokémon or other fan community structures is a plus.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: 104000.00 - 156000.00 $. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Internal Job Profile: Game Production Mgmt (M2)
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.