Manager, Global Account Director
4 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Manager, Global Account Director- San Mateo
Reporting into the Head of Strategic Accounts, the Manager, Global Account Director will fully own and be responsible for the comprehensive global relationship with the Partner, or portfolio of Partners. They will define, own, and deliver commercial and strategic objectives globally, managing all top line revenue for the Partner, including quotas for retail disc, digital, live services, PS+, PS Now, etc. The Global Account Director will own the long-term planning and lead joint business planning and execution of that plan with the Partner and SIE internally. Partner satisfaction is key, and as the senior liaison for the Partner, the Global Director will own the overall account health, and overall satisfaction of the business relationship and platform performance, nurturing a trusted and preferred partner relationship between SIE and the Partner. The Global Account Director will be an evangelist for PlayStation, with the knowledge and ability to promote all aspects of the business and platform. The Global Account Director will directly manage and mentor an international team of Account Managers. As a key leader in the Global Account Management team, the Global Account Director will help set the culture and rhythm of business for the organization. Ensuring that all team members are engaged and that proper governance exists to achieve departmental goals.
- Act as primary liaison for all facets of account and counterparts within PlayStation, ensuring smooth operation and hand-off of operational needs as dictated. Ensures account needs are being met by internal teams and provide leadership and guidance as needed.
- Act as a consistent evangelist for the PlayStation brand and PlayStation console services and features.
- Work with executive leadership to understand market dynamics, shifting consumer demands, and help prioritize and plans to meet future market needs.
- Develop and enforce normal external and internal cadence of business performance reviews, post-mortems, and account improvements.
- Generate, own, and practically implement agreed Joint Business Plan initiatives with the Partner.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of the Partner’s business, portfolio, and long-term strategic vision.
- Find opportunities and lead formal partnerships with the Partner.
- Ensure internal teams are aligned to deliver and support key content and initiatives.
- Develop metrics and conduct performance analysis for key content and initiatives.
- Work with the Partner and internal teams to deliver physical and digital standard methodology across the whole product lifecycle.
- Develop ongoing governance and standard methodology with other Global Account Directors.
- Lead the team of Account Managers globally to deliver and implement upon the Joint Business Plan in each region.
- Mentor and line manage assigned Account Managers globally.
- Identify and deliver content suitable for specific platform activity and campaigns (PS Now, PS+, PS Hits etc.).
- Identify Partner content to drive a PlayStation message and point of difference.
- Advanced Degree in Business, Marketing or Commensurate Relevant Experience.
- 10+ years of experience in Sales, Account Management, Publisher Relations, etc…
- 7+ years of relevant Revenue Management and team manager experience, managing teams of 5+ People.
- Experience working in Media, Entertainment, Hi-Tech and Other Associated Verticals.
- Experience working with and selling to large, complex Global Organizations with highly matrixed team
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information , including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information , including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.