Manager, Finance and Business Operations
1 day ago
Team Name:Story & Franchise Development Operations
Job Title:Manager, Finance and Business Operations
Manager, Finance and Business Operations
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a Manager of Finance and Business Operations in Story & Franchise Development (SFD) at its Irvine, California headquarters. This is not a permanent remote position, it will require you to be in the office. This role reports to the Associate Director of Business Operations and is responsible for financial planning and analysis and operational analysis in partnership with executive leaders within SFD and stakeholders in finance on the game franchise teams.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on, strategic individual who relates well with all levels, has experience in accounting and financial analysis in the entertainment field, and is a natural leader and collaborator. We are looking for someone that has advanced Excel modeling capabilities, who understands basic accounting principles, values attention to detail, and possesses a high proficiency in problem solving and analysis.
- Lead business planning efforts with the preparation of quarterly forecasts, annual budgets, cost trackers, and long-range plans
- Be responsible for and review production of monthly dashboard reports, providing regular updates on YTD, QTD, and pacing performance to management
- Prepare and present detailed franchise cost reports on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Prepare and submit monthly product allocations, capitalization, and journal entries
- Maintain and develop forecasting and modeling tools, and ensure the accuracy of information reported to stakeholders across Blizzard Finance, Franchise Stakeholders, and SFD leaders
- Maintain or create controls required to ensure data integrity, and evaluate processes for opportunities to increase such integrity
- Responsible for detailed tracking of headcount movement and budget alignment
- Prepare various presentations and supporting materials for management
- Lead performance and professional development of two business analysts
- Help with ad-hoc and other special projects as required, including inquiries, research, reporting, cost estimates, or misc. analysis
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related areas
- 7+ years in FP&A and/or accounting, preferably in a publicly traded company. Some accounting experience highly preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in a Senior, Lead or Manager position
- Highly organized and able to effectively handle competing priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong presentation skills
- The highest standards of accuracy and attention to detail in a dynamic, multitasking environment
- Strong competence in analyzing data and drawing actionable business insight
- Natural leader and collaborator, positive attitude, flexible, reliable, team player
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and financial management tools
- Experience overseeing the work of other people
- Experience with Hyperion and Essbase
- Experience in video game, software, technology, animation, or entertainment industries
- Passion for video games and creative content
- Familiarity with Blizzard Ips
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
At Blizzard Entertainment, we pour our hearts and souls into everything we create. Best known for iconic video game universes including Warcraft, Overwatch, Diablo, and StarCraft, we’ve been creating genre-defining games for millions of players around the world for more than 30 years. We’re on a quest: bring our dreams to life and craft the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Hard work, iteration and polish go into the Blizzard “secret recipe,” but the most important ingredients come from talented people who share our vision. If that sounds like you, join us.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $87,480.00 - $161,910.00 Annual. These values reflect the expected base pay range of new hires across all U.S. locations. Ultimately, your specific range and offer will be based on several factors, including relevant experience, performance, and work location. Your Talent Professional can share this role’s range details for your local geography during the hiring process. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.