This job might no longer be available.
6 months ago
Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
The Manager, FP&A will report to the VP of Finance. This position will be responsible for Financial Planning & Analysis for Gearbox Entertainment & subsidiaries and will manage 1 Financial Analyst role.
• Will manage the FP&A cycles including Annual Plan (Budget), quarterly Forecasts and Long Range plans
• Will work directly with the Gearbox Software Departments & Project Teams to create various plans
• Will be responsible for Project planning including headcount costs, direct project spend, internal allocations.
• Will partner with Gearbox Publishing to create an Annual Plan, 3 or 5 Year Strategic Plan
• Will partner with Gearbox Publishing on Sales & Marketing Forecasts
• Work with finance partners to support by-title ultimate P&Ls for the monthly, quarterly and long term planning process.
• Develop business processes and reporting to ensure business partners have a clear understanding of:
o Their financial plan for the year, including headcount
o Their long-range modeling for out-years
o Their current forecast and changes vs. Plan
o Their current and YTD financial performance vs. Plan/prior forecast
• Accounting responsibilities include month end close support, invoice/AP coding, variance analysis, reserve calculations, A/R and Invoicing
• Manage the ongoing requirements for monthly close which includes accruals, reclasses, headcount reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliations, and variance analysis.
• Set control processes in place to manage spending and headcount within plan levels. Set-up and manage financial reviews with business partners every month to analyze results, forecast spending, and headcount. • Ensure compliance with GB’s policies and procedures.
• Support ad hoc requests from executive management and senior staff as needed – could include Quarterly Business Review decks, analysis for Earnings, staffing/spending analysis, etc.
• BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
• C.P.A and/or MBA preferred
• 5+ years of experience as in FP&A roles, Manager experience preferred
• Advanced financial & excel/systems skills required • Strong working knowledge of PC-based software applications, including Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
• Experience with forecasting & analysis tools
• Experience with Project Accounting, Forecasting, Reporting & Variance Analysis • Experience in fast paced environment and ability to deliver results under tight deadlines • Must have extreme attention to detail
• Strong analytical and writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
• Ability to plan and prioritize work and handle multiple priorities
• A team player who is able to work collaboratively
• Ability to demonstrate initiative, be pro-active when needed and identify and resolve issues
• Understand and identify cost/benefit opportunities and recommend process improvements
• Knowledge of gaming/entertainment industry a plus.