21 days ago
Job Title:Manager, FP&A
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
The Manager position on the Corporate FP&A team is a critical and highly visible role within the team that performs integrated companywide analysis and consolidation to support the Activision Blizzard executive leadership team, provides key inputs to external financial reporting and investor relations processes, manages companywide planning and forecasting processes, and owns the cost control/budget planning on Operational Expenses. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Planning, this role will work to analyze, report and support the performance of the Company and specifically demonstrate a strong aptitude relative to be able to interpret, analyze, and communicate varied and complex business issues. Problem solving, prioritizing, timely responses and attention to detail must be second nature.
The essential functions of the role will include supporting the Quarter Close, Quarterly Forecast, Weekly Pacing, and Annual Operating Plan, including Cost Control and independent analysis of business unit inputs. Key outputs include preparation and analysis of reporting packages, coordinating data-gathering across the organization, and assessing risk and opportunity ranges for initiatives and trends. The role will also assist in streamlining and standardizing processes and companywide FP&A processes.
This role is anticipated to be assigned to work fully on-site at an Activision Blizzard office.
1. Quarterly Forecast (50%) and Intra-Quarter Trending
- Support the coordination of forecast inputs from all functions and business divisions, including process management via ERP and spreadsheet-based data gathering and alignment of key assumptions and drivers
- Preparation of various analyses that drive business insight and frame financial risks and opportunities
- Variance analysis
2. Annual Operating Plan (25%)
- Work with parties across the business and the regions to plan for performance and expenditures in the year ahead, across the entire P&L
- Create executive review materials that consolidate and communicate financial strategy
3. Process Improvement (15%)
- Drive standardization and effective evolution of the company’s Hyperion-based financial planning system to drive efficiencies and meet business needs
- Create, evolve, and standardize company reporting to align cross-business unit communication
- Help automate standard processes to reduce reporting burden and increase sophistication and capacity for analysis
4. Financial Models / Ad hoc Analysis for Key Operating Decisions (10%)
Principal Working Relationships:
- Director, Corporate Planning
- Sr. Director, Corporate Planning
- VP, Corporate Planning
- Bachelor's degree (Post MBA candidates are encouraged to apply)
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in Investment Banking, Management Consulting, public company FP&A, or similar role
- Exceptional quantitative and financial modeling.
- Ability to thrive and multitask in a constantly evolving environment
- Self-starter - candidate needs to be self-directed and proactive starting day 1 on the job.
- Strong communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Top-notch organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Hyperion/Essbase experience preferred.
- Knowledge of and passion for gaming, media, and technology and willingness and ability to get up to speed on business and strategic issues
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet.
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $87,480.00 - $161,910.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.