Manager, Executive Communications
16 days ago
Manager, Executive Communications
At Electronic Arts, we are bringing together creativity, talent and technology to connect players and deliver amazing experiences in interactive entertainment. We thrive on passion, teamwork and pioneering. It’s the fuel that drives us to inspire the world to play.
We are looking for a Manager, Executive Communications to join our global corporate communications team in order to support the voices of our leaders and articulate stories about our growth, key initiatives, creativity and culture.
This individual should bring deep storytelling experience and the ability to strategically craft CEO and other C-Suite scripts, narratives and messaging, while helping to capture and articulate our stories both inside and outside of EA in a purposeful way.
Comfort interacting with EA’s executives will be critical in order to understand each unique voice and perspective. This individual will also need to quickly develop a broad understanding of how EA’s departments and people contribute to the future of our business and industry through our IP, creative talent and network of more than half a billion players.
An ability to build and maintain strong relationships across all areas of the business will be key, as well as cross-functional and collaborative connectivity with the broader communications team, domestically and globally. These relationships will be an important foundation to ensure all communications, across channels and workstreams, feel connected and purposeful for our global audiences.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Communications, the Executive Communications Writer should also be passionate about EA’s business and purpose. They should be happy to work at multiple altitudes and demonstrate success at balancing long-term strategic vision with day-to-day execution. Either a personal or professional passion for gaming and an understanding of the fast moving pace of our industry and the discussions around it are critical.
Key Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the primary writer for EA’s C-Suite to eloquently capture and elevate their voices in order to tell stories about business performance, company initiatives, talent and culture.
- Supporting C-Suite speaking engagements, internally and externally, through cohesive and strategic message development.
- Partnering with EA’s key communications leads to translate each executive’s priorities into written words.
- Understanding how timely issues and cultural conversations intersect and influence the tone and approach of our leaders.
- Ensuring the culture and values of the EA brand are represented and felt through all communications and their delivery.
- Participating as a collaborative global communications team member who plays a meaningful role in a strategic and integrated storytelling agenda.
- Applying an integrated cross-channel communications approach to ensure consistency across mediums, while being strategic in how each channel is used.
Experience and Skills
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 8+ years of executive communications, speech writing, or journalism experience.
- Strong skills in narrative and message development.
- Experience in leadership communications, specifically on behalf of CEOs and other C-Suite leaders.
- Strategic thinking with exceptional relationship and collaboration skills.
- Ability to clearly convey a perspective and influence outcomes, through written and verbal delivery.
- Understanding of the evolving communications landscape and the intersections across audiences and channels.
- Highly driven, self-starting team player capable of taking the initiative in a fast-paced and fluid environment while simultaneously managing multiple projects across time zones.
- Strong process-minded planner who can meet deadlines and gracefully navigate competing priorities.
- Demonstrated strength in building relationships, positive collaboration, and receiving and acting upon feedback.
- Experience in an entertainment organization and/or personal interest in video games is desirable.