This job might no longer be available.
Manager, Employment Investigations
20 days ago
Job Title:Manager, Employment Investigations
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the video game industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers like Pitfall®, Tony Hawk®, Guitar Hero®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders™ and Call of Duty®, our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment. And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
We’re driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive. Join us, make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com, www.activisiongamesblog.com or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
The Ethics & Compliance team at Activision Blizzard supports the company's commitment to an inclusive, safe, inspiring and equitable culture that is respectful to all. The Manager, Employment Investigations will conduct critical workplace investigations that are crisis-oriented and time sensitive. After completing the investigation, the Manager, Employment Investigations will prepare a detailed and cohesive investigation report and present the findings to relevant stakeholders. The Manager, Employment Investigations will report to the Director, Workplace Investigations.
- Manage end-to-end investigative processes for employee complaints involving violations of law or policy, which could include allegations of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, bullying, failure to escalate and other inappropriate behavior.
- Conduct timely, detailed, and objective investigations, which may consist of: performing background research, reviewing documents (including potentially contrasting documents), interviewing complaining parties, witnesses and accused parties and performing credibility assessments thereafter, reporting findings verbally and in writing, and advising relevant partners of the outcome of the investigation.
- Prepare a detailed and cohesive investigation report following the completion of investigations.
- Advise remedial action needed following workplace investigations.
- Analyze workplace investigation trends and advise the company on risk metrics.
- Approach the investigation process with curiosity to discover and fully understand potential workplace concerns.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in workplace investigations, employee relations, and/or practicing employment law.
- Strong working knowledge of employment laws and regulations and the ability to appropriately spot employment risks and issues.
- Experience investigating and/or advising on employment-related matters.
- High degree of empathy with the ability to conduct difficult conversations in a calm and effective manner.
- Outstanding writing and communications skills, and experience summarizing and detailing investigation findings.
- Proven ability to present findings, provide direct feedback and persuasively convey recommendations.
- Intellectual curiosity and commitment to learning.
- Undergraduate degree required, with law degree (J.D. or foreign equivalent) strongly preferred.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI) is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies, at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The video game industry, and therefore our business, is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may change at any time as directed by the Company to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.