This job might no longer be available.
Manager, Employment Investigations
20 days ago
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the video game industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers like Pitfall®, Tony Hawk®, Guitar Hero®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders™ and Call of Duty®, our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment. And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
We’re driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive. Join us, make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com, www.activisiongamesblog.com or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
The Ethics & Compliance team at Activision Blizzard supports the company's commitment to an inclusive, safe, inspiring and equitable culture that is respectful to all. The Manager, Employment Investigations will conduct critical workplace investigations that are crisis-oriented and time sensitive. After completing the investigation, the Manager, Employment Investigations will prepare a detailed and cohesive investigation report and present the findings to relevant stakeholders. The Manager, Employment Investigations will report to the Director, Workplace Investigations.
- Manage end-to-end investigative processes for employee complaints involving violations of law or policy, which could include allegations of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, bullying, failure to escalate and other inappropriate behavior.
- Conduct timely, detailed, and objective investigations, which may consist of: performing background research, reviewing documents (including potentially contrasting documents), interviewing complaining parties, witnesses and accused parties and performing credibility assessments thereafter, reporting findings verbally and in writing, and advising relevant partners of the outcome of the investigation.
- Prepare a detailed and cohesive investigation report following the completion of investigations.
- Advise remedial action needed following workplace investigations.
- Analyze workplace investigation trends and advise the company on risk metrics.
- Approach the investigation process with curiosity to discover and fully understand potential workplace concerns.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in workplace investigations, employee relations, and/or practicing employment law.
- Strong working knowledge of employment laws and regulations and the ability to appropriately spot employment risks and issues.
- Experience investigating and/or advising on employment-related matters.
- High degree of empathy with the ability to conduct difficult conversations in a calm and effective manner.
- Outstanding writing and communications skills, and experience summarizing and detailing investigation findings.
- Proven ability to present findings, provide direct feedback and persuasively convey recommendations.
- Intellectual curiosity and commitment to learning.
- Undergraduate degree required, with law degree (J.D. or foreign equivalent) strongly preferred.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI) is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies, at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The video game industry, and therefore our business, is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may change at any time as directed by the Company to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
King is the game developer behind the world-famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top-grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid-core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com