Manager, Diablo 4 Analytics
2 months ago
Team Name:Global Insights
Job Title:Manager, Diablo 4 Analytics
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an exceptional leader & strategic thinker who will drive analytics strategy for our upcoming Diablo 4 title.
Our ideal candidate is confident in their ability to advocate an analytics-driven initiative, build and mentor a team of passionate analysts, and humble enough to learn from the dozens of designers, engineers, and other partners that participate in making Blizzard games the experience that our players deserve.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Develop and manage towards a data analytics vision for Diablo 4, including:
- o Telemetry message requirements
- o Dashboards and reporting
- o Behavioral and exploratory research
- o Experimentation design, implementation, and evaluation
- Conceptualize, design, and deliver insight-driven analysis to inform and shape decisions
- Partner with the leadership of Blizzard and the Diablo 4 development team to understand strategic priorities and operational needs
- Manage and professionally develop a team of analytics professionals focused on Diablo 4
- Develop and maintain the confidence of Blizzard and Diablo 4 leadership
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of current Diablo 4 news and gameplay trends
- Stay abreast of global video game industry business trends and proactively consider implications for Blizzard
- Pattern of taking initiative and producing results
- Successful record of building and mentoring high-performing analytical teams
- Exemplary professional communication skills
- Experience with large individual customer behavioral data sets (gaming, retail, financial services) and expertise in analytical best practices
- Deep understanding of the video games industry and Diablo 4’s role in the gaming ecosystem
- Minimum 8 years’ experience with strategic problem solving and delivering results to stakeholders
- Experience with Diablo as a player
- Experience with relational databases, big-data infrastructure (i.e. Hadoop, Google Cloud Platform), and data analysis tools (i.e. SQL & Tableau)
- Cover Letter preferred
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!