Manager, Development Operations (DevOps)
8 days ago
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Manager, Development Operations
- Job Summary: This role will manage a team of engineers focused on designing and implementing cloud-based solutions to advance our platforms and services that are core components in delivering amazing experiences for Pokémon fans around the world!
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: Yes
What you’ll do
- Recruit, develop, and retain staff while building a culture of collaboration, data-driven decisions, and continuous learning.
- Create personalized development plans for members of your team to enable opportunities for growth and new capabilities.
- Develop relationships with our peer teams to ensure alignment on priorities and effective collaboration on projects.
- Partner with our technical leads to solve complicated problems, identify and reinforce technical direction, and establish clear priorities.
- Lead internal projects and initiatives while providing insight into project status and roadmaps.
- Support your team by handling escalations, unblocking impediments, and managing the teams sprints and backlog.
- Manage your teams on-call rotation and ensure our high standards for the operability of our services is met.
What you’ll bring
- Six+ (6+) years of relevant professional experience, plus one (1) year of management experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, both as a leader of teams and as a leader of projects - dynamic, strategic and resourceful.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with AWS services.
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline tools and technology such as Perforce, Bitbucket, Terraform, Docker, Chef, Jenkins, and Artifactory.
- Experience working in an agile/scrum environment and the ability to lead the teams backlog grooming, planning, and retrospectives.
- Thorough understanding of the DevOps concepts and culture, with a focus on leveraging software engineering tools, methodologies and concepts.
- Functional knowledge and experience including but not limited to: Development practices, Information Security principles, Vendor Management, Executive Communications, and Data Analytics.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $144,000.00 - $218,000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.