This job might no longer be available.
Manager, Design Technology
San Francisco, CA, United States
7 months ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Manager, Design Technology
Design technology is a key pillar of design execution at PlayStation. Through exploratory prototyping and tools development, Design Technologists accelerate innovation timelines and allow us to achieve more elegant and polished final products. This position is focused on the PS5 console experience.
- Directs a team of design technologists, making tradeoffs between timeline, resourcing, and project ambition.
- Make informed judgements about how real a prototype should be and which parts can be safely faked.
- Finds opportunities to help the design team reach a higher level of functionality or aesthetics through generative prototyping.
- Activates tactical opportunities to accelerate workflow through tool development.
- Communicate priorities and status transparently across the organization.
- Mentor design technologists to improving the impact of prototyping work.
- Builds strongly collaborative relationships with designers and cross-functional partners.
- Maintains and proactively expands a portfolio of intellectual property to expand the PlayStation platform.
- Graduate degree in computer science or equivalent industry experience.
- Solid background in creative, exploratory coding.
- Knowledge of standard engineering methodologies including security, performance, and maintainability.
- Experience optimizing technology for aesthetic impact.
- Working knowledge of mainstream user interface design tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, and Unity.
- Ability to prioritize in real time in a fast paced, high-stakes environment where there is never enough time.
- Has shipped commercial
- Depth in a design discipline such as game design, graphic design, typography, or interaction design.
- Experience shipping high-availability, robust experiences.
- Deep experience working within a technical environment; deep knowledge in new technologies in graphics, native, web, mobile, and other UI technology.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.