Manager, Data Analytics
20 days ago
Nexon America is a branch of Nexon Co., Ltd., a global video game publisher and leading developer of online virtual worlds for PCs, consoles, and mobile devices. Nexon proudly offers celebrated franchises like MapleStory, KartRider, and Mabinogi that have been enjoyed by millions of players for over two decades. When we founded our Nexon America branch in 2006, we made it our goal to bring those unique games to western players using a player-first approach. We achieve that goal by applying our team’s outstanding free-to-play expertise and live game support to every decision, every day.
But we’re committed to more than our games! Here at Nexon America, we’re all about open communication, diversity, mutual respect, and collaboration, so we can bring out the best in each other. Nexies find support, friendship, and career growth all in one place! And because we know a healthy work-life balance is the key to happiness, Nexies also enjoy flexible hours, a hybrid work model, and extra perks like food trucks, happy hours, and team events. It’s why we’ve earned the Great Place to Work certification for 3 years running!
We’re looking to expand our team with passionate individuals who want to learn, play, and grow with us. Ready for a new challenge?
We are currently working in the office 2-3x a week in a hybrid work model.
- Oversee and support the data analysis and data mining needs of the company, with a focus on understanding customers and identifying ways to improve user experience within the company’s games.
- Provide timely, meaningful, and actionable insights and recommendations through data analyses. Identify and conduct data-driven analyses involving games and players.
- Establish sound methodologies and approaches to analyze business problems.
- Work closely with various departments to understand their needs from a data and analytics perspective, and package and present findings.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the team, including mentoring and developing team members, providing thought-leadership to drive innovation, producing quality work, managing workload, establishing priorities, and establishing and managing the department budget.
- Support business intelligence (BI) initiatives and reporting needs through helping business users gain access to necessary data, designing, setting up, and maintaining reports and dashboards, improving the breadth and scope of existing reports based on business needs, and ensuring proper functioning of the company’s primary BI tools.
- Define and improve tracking capabilities needed for analysis and reporting.
- Collaborate with IT, Data Management, and Engineering teams to understand and gain access to pertinent data, applications, and systems.
- Perform quality assurance (QA) with respect to data to ensure accuracy and understand limitations.
- Create, manage, and delegate dashboards and other analytic reports.
- Prioritize and assign high business impact projects and tasks to the team.
- Lead data storytelling projects in collaboration with cross-functioning teams to promote the company’s products.
- Hire and train staff as needed.
- Leverage existing tools and recommend new tools and processes as needed.
- Four (4) years of experience as a Business Analyst or related occupation.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Management or related field
Must have experience with the following:
- T ranslating marketing and analytic needs into solution and data management requirements;
- Excel and Structured Query Language (SQL);
- Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS);
- creating customer attributes and measures from raw transaction data;
- designing and building forecasting tools and methodologies;
- analyzing and processing data to present trends and track product performance;
- online gaming industry experience;
- and presenting industry-relevant data to stakeholders.
Nexon’s Benefits and Perks
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Compensation Description for Pay Transparency (annually)
The base salary range for this position in El Segundo, CA is $146,744.00 - $146,744.00 annually.
Our salary ranges are determined by market data based on position and level. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum salaries for that position. An individual’s pay is determined by factors including, but not limited to, a candidate’s qualifications, skills, experiences, relevant education or training, and location.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, however the salary range listed in this job posting reflects the base salary only.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.