16 days ago
Role & Responsibilities of the G/L manager of EA Swiss:
We’re EA — the world’s leading video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles — FIFA, Madden The Sims, Apex Legends, Battlefield, Need for Speed, and Star Wars, to name but a few. We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
The CFO organization comprises a broad group of finance disciplines, with the common goal of partnering with business teams delivering strategies and providing our players with amazing experiences. Our finance teams assist the business in achieving profitable creativity by proving financial insight, reporting, compliance and guidance.
We use progressive tools to analyze and visualize data, telling the story of financial drivers, performance, risks and opportunities. We value attributes like collaboration and learning. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a G/L accounting manager to join the European Controllership Team for a period of 12 months. This will offer you the chance to take ownership of the Swiss International headquarter financial accounts, manages a team of two to three employees, ensure full compliance with all the U.S. and local regulations but also work on exciting and interesting projects.
The role is preferably to be based in Geneva but possibly in one of the other hubs in Lyon or Guildford and you will be reporting into the Finance Director based in Geneva, Switzerland.
- You will represent finance and corporate interests and act as primary liaison to selected business groups
- You will participate to selected monthly cost and revenue review meetings with FP&A and non-finance budget holders
- You will be using technical solutions and visualisation tools to prepare complex report leveraging our Business Intelligence and to prepare accruals or reclassification entries
- You will prepare and/or review the journal entries
- You will prepare and/or review the monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- You will prepare and/or review the CH reporting package with commentary on fluctuations from prior periods and explain rationale of estimates
- You will present the CH Reporting package during a monthly meeting
- You will prepare, review the work from the team and participate to the presentation of the reporting package at an annual balance sheet review meeting
- You will ensure the effective coordination of accounting responsibilities between onshore and offshore tasks
- From time to time, you will be the back-up or certain activities from your peers
SOX controls / Internal Control Systems / Statutory Compliance / Other compliance
- You will be owner of controls and ensure compliance with the SOX program. You will help us support SOX compliance for processes related to financial reporting and disclosure controls
- You will prepare the annual risk assessment of the Swiss entity, including recommendations to mitigate risk related to financial controls and reporting
- You will participate to the design, documentation and maintenance of the internal controls for local compliance (“ICS”).
- You will participate to the identification of opportunities for process improvements
- You will prepare and/or review of statutory financial statements
- You will prepare and/or review of corporate tax provisions
- You will manage the processes for submitting VAT returns, corporate tax returns and other local compliance document filings.
- You will support external Swiss and U.S. auditors with their interim and annual audits
- You will be back-up of activities which could be filing of the EA Swiss VAT returns, income tax returns and statutory financial statements
- You will support the preparation of supporting schedules and documentation for the disclosure in the 10-K of the parent company
- You will support internal auditors or any other type of audits (VAT, CTR…)
- You will evaluate emerging technical accounting issues, documenting Swiss law statutory and US GAAP accounting positions and providing training to non-management accounting staff
- You will review and resolve issues of an accounting, policy and regulatory nature that arise on an ad-hoc basis and providing timely guidance to finance and non-finance partners
- You will educate local business leaders on matters of financial reporting and accounting, and will help influence and support finance executives in making decisions in a collaborative environment
- You will review contracts, prepare and/or review accounting assessments under US/CH GAAP, identifying key risks areas, review alternatives, supporting conclusions and recommendations, and ensuring changes are implemented to drive improvements while mitigating risk.
- You will delegate and review of support work carried out by offshore accounting teams
- You will report to a director of Controllership
- You will manage, lead and mentor a team of up to 2-3 direct reports, supporting their career development and continuous learning
- You will ensure to provide clear goals to your team members aligned with those from the rest of the CH team
- You will conduct quarterly conversations and regular check-ins to ensure progress against goals, provide feedback and coaching, and support career development and learning.
Project management and Subject Matters Expert
- You will spend a portion of time on projects
- You will spend a portion of time as Subject Matters Expert of certain areas of your expertise
The next EA G/L manager also needs:
- Bachelor’s degree with +5 years of experience within an accounting
- Qualified or Part Qualified CIMA / ACCA / equivalent preferable
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and Swiss law preferable
- Fluency in English, French is a plus
- Financial tools experience with Oracle and Power BI preferred.
- Demonstrated high performance in prior roles
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and oral communication skills that enables clear and concise communication to all levels of management
- Appreciation for data integrity, process definition and organisational alignment
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Flexibility to handle multiple and sometimes competing priorities and to connect with US based partners.
- Passionate and enthusiastic to drive results
- Team Player
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast paced work environment
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Competitive annual salary
- Annual bonus scheme
- Game & digital download credit
- Pension scheme
- Stock plans
- 22 days of annual leave
We thought you might also want to know:
EA’s International headquarters are situated at the centre of Geneva.
Take your career to the next level – apply today!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.