Manager Content Acquisitions
10 days ago
About Green Man Gaming
Green Man Gaming is a multi-award-winning global retailer, publisher, and technology business in the video games industry. Working with the world’s leading gaming brands, Green Man Gaming sells games to millions of customers across 195 countries via its market-leading eCommerce platform. Green Man Gaming’s Publishing division offers more choice to independent studios as they navigate their route to market. The Digital Partners Program enables developers to opt for a mixture of publishing services, providing more flexibility to access the expertise and channels they require. Green Man Gaming continues to expand, increasing their service offering and reinforcing its footprint in global markets including LATAM, SE Asia & China.
Content is king. Green Man Gaming currently stocks around 9000 titles on its award winning e commerce platform. The Manager of content acquisitions holds a key role within the business and is tasked with bringing the latest game content to our millions of players world-wide, whether from our existing network of 1400 Publishers and Developers, or through the identification of new games and studios.
To succeed you will have a genuine love of games, and a thorough understanding of the digital video game ecosystem.
You will need to be highly organised, entrepreneurial, and extremely personable. You are a prolific networker and able to build an active leads pipeline from prospect to client. This role relies on a high level of resilience and commercial acumen. Familiarity with lead management systems is a must, as is a proactive mindset and attention to detail.
The role connects to every area of our business, you will work hand in hand with the executive management team and specialist departments of the business (Marketing, Publishing & Commercial) - meaning there is huge scope to build a diverse range of experience & skills in every component of the eCommerce machine.
This role is an exciting opportunity to further your business development career with an exciting, successful entrepreneur led business, and build direct relationships with some of the best games developers on the planet.
- CONTENT ACQUISITION STRATEGY & EXECUTION: Identifying & sourcing new partners for the Green Man Gaming store, including:
- Tracking and measuring our performance (CRM, email, Lead Generation tools)
- Communicating to your leads on a regular basis to keep them up to date with the onboarding progress and the latest service offers from the business
- Acting as a commercial and legal conduit between Green Man Gaming and its partners
- MARKET & CONSUMER UNDERSTANDING: You love games, you love the people that make them, you love the people that play them. You harness this insight to identify products that will be successful in the market, and are familiar with effective sources to garner this information
- COMMERCIAL ACUMEN:You can spot a great game and will be responsible for letting the company know what key products are releasing in the market and their effect on the business.
- Working closely with the BD and Publishing team you will elevate relevant partners looking for a publishing, marketing, or distribution solution above and beyond a retail agreement.
- From the point of contact you will be responsible for driving the acquisition and conveying/storing any documentation relevant to acquiring the partner.
- GAMES INDUSTRY KNOWLEDGE: You have an in-depth (and hands on) understanding of the games industry, In particular digital retail and distribution, you have the ability to use multiple sources to create and convey a clear understanding of the market and products over a given forthcoming period.
- COMMERCIAL INSIGHT: You are entrepreneurial and have a commercial mindset to identify partners and products that can drive the business forward.
- COMMUNICATION: You will need to be an extremely confident and clear communicator, comfortable with internal & external communication, can provide regular updates and information to senior management and can communicate the handing over of partners to other teams within the business.
- CONTRACTS AND LICENCING: You can find your way around a contract and can explain a base contract to partners.
- EXCELLENT ORGANISATION SKILLS: You are very organised and can create systems that will allow you to convey the current status with any potential partner at any time. You are happy working independently and willing to roll your sleeves up if needed, you can prioritise effectively across a wide set of workstreams and deliver flexibly to tight deadlines where necessary.
- E-SIGNATURE SYSTEMS: You have a basic working knowledge of Electronic Signature programs
- EXCEL: You have a basic working knowledge of Excel functions
- LEAD GENERATION TOOLS: You have a working knowledge of lead generation tools
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Flexible working
- 30 days paid holiday per year (including Bank Holidays) increased with the length of service
- Sabbatical leave following 3 and 6 years of employment
- Company Share Option Plan
- 50% game discount for employees
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Corporate Gym Membership Scheme
- Discounts and many other perks