This job might no longer be available.
Senior Manager - Content Accounting
2 months ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
Our broadcasters are the backbone to the Twitch community. You will help scale our accounting operations and payout capabilities for our broadcasters on the Premium Partner Channels (PPC) content accounting vertical. You have a vision for and commitment to operational excellence, standardizing processes, and implementing best practices. You will report to the Senior Manager - Content Accounting and will work with hundreds of partners worldwide. You are excited to navigate complex problems and are eager to use technology to build automated workflows.
- Be a part of the team responsible for the financial integrity of content-related commitments, assets, liabilities, and expenses.
- Work with legal, partnerships, IT, finance technology team in designing and implementing systems (i.e. contract lifecycle management system) affecting content licensing.
- Review, process, and document contractual agreements including interpreting contractual terms and understanding the application of our accounting policies.
- Help simplify and invent new ways to leverage systems to streamline the contract review and summarization process from ideation to execution and payout.
- Manage the month-end close process. This includes preparing and reviewing journal entries and reconciliations related to content cost.
- Drive process improvements and contribute to exciting accounting transformation projects to achieve scalability and efficiency across processes and workflows.
- Work with several partners throughout the world including content acquisition teams, legal, tax, content finance, accounts payable and vendors.
- Ensure processes and SOX controls are operating and documented.
- 6+ years of accounting experience at a quickly evolving company, media and entertainment industry preferred .
- Accurate, detailed, and a love for data with advanced spreadsheet skills (can maintain complex spreadsheets and perform complex functions) and unfazed by large datasets.
- Experience with contract reviews (revenue, leases, or other complex documents) and unfazed by high volumes.
- Comfortable in an evolving ecosystem of accounting issues and projects. Can identify and focus work on high risk areas, prioritize, and resolve issues.
- US GAAP and SOX controls expertise and ability to operationalize accounting guidance into policy.
- Curious and enthusiastic - not afraid to ask probing questions and challenge existing processes, to improve processes and own projects, automate manual workflows, and to have fun while doing it all.
- Bachelor's degree with a major or emphasis in Accounting or related field from an accredited college or university.
- A CPA license, Big Four public accounting firm experience, and system implementation and integrations.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages , etc. ),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.