Manager, Consumer Products (M/W/NB)
4 days ago
The Manager, Consumer Products (M/W/NB) oversees key elements of the global Licensing business, managing a growing licensed partner portfolio across Ubisoft brands to generate revenues that achieve our financial plan. They will drive and execute the global licensing strategy, across all product categories, video game franchises and business models (including but not limited to esports, Ubisoft Film & TV initiatives, and emerging technologies). They will be adept at representing and selling Ubisoft franchises and managing product planning, execution and marketing development across categories with licensing partners, as well as managing and collaborating with our Agency partners. Additionally, they will be skilled at communicating and collaborating across cultures in their efforts to help grow the Ubisoft Consumer Products business. Your responsibilities include :
- Business Development :
- Identify the best new partners and actively pitch Ubisoft brands across categories
- Manage and grow key partnerships with new and current licensing partners
- Oversee contract negotiations, in conjunction with Agency partners, across both regional and global deals; manage contract execution with Legal team and Agencies
- Foster and grow relationships with licensees over the long term
- Manage relationships with agency partners to ensure their understanding of Ubisoft’s strategy and business objectives
- Establish and maintain relationships with key retailers
- Pitch Ubisoft brands and initiatives to secure DTR and cross-category programs at retail
- Partner with internal teams to drive and grow the licensing business: Creative team to elevate licensee execution throughout product development process, Legal team for efficient execution of contract process, Finance team to monitor licensee accounts, ensuring and monitoring progress in achieving financial targets
2. Product Development
- Work with licensees to develop their line-plan each season
- Monitor and manage licensee product development process and approvals in conjunction with CP Creative Team
3. Strategy and Financial
- Partner with VP to develop and execute a comprehensive Licensing strategy across new video game launches, catalog titles, esports, and Ubisoft Film & TV initiatives
- Maintain knowledge of current and developing industry trends, awareness of competitors, and new business opportunities
- Assist with monitoring quarterly forecast by licensee; work with licensees to monitor progress
- Collaborate with and assist licensees in development of marketing plans for major marketing tentpoles by brand
To succeed in this role, you will need :
- Previous experience in Licensing and Product
- Business development focused
- High level expertise in negotiation and deal construction
- Exceptional analytical abilities
- Ability to communicate well, in small or large groups
- Experience managing licensees in line planning, sales strategy, marketing
- Knowledge of retail and e-commerce within the Licensing space
- Relationship management with licensees, agencies and retail partners
- Responsible, organized and exceptional team player
- Strong ability to collaborate accross the org
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our players’ community.
Permanent position available as soon as possible in our Saint Mandé office (Line 1 : Saint-Mandé / Bérault or RER A - Vincennes).
Check out this guide to help you with your application, and learn about our actions to encourage more diversity and inclusion.
Ubisoft’s 21,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving gamechanging challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.