Manager, Consumer Insights
19 days ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re searching for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
Los Angeles’ premier mobile games studio, Jam City is seeking a Manager, UX/Consumer Insights to join its team right here in the heart of the entertainment industry. A unique opportunity to join an award-winning gaming company, this is a fantastic opportunity to be part of games research and provide valuable player insights to influence the growth and development of a portfolio of over 10+ mobile games. Jam City is the creator of leading games like: Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Disney Frozen Adventures, Disney Emoji Blitz, and Cookie Jam.
At Jam City we have a fundamental belief that deep player understanding is key to innovation, increased player enjoyment, and marketplace growth. The Senior Manager, UX/Consumer Insights will assist with a number of research activities to help understand the “whys” that drive player behavior and decision-making. You will lead a number of both in-house and outsourced qualitative and quantitative research projects from inception through presentation of results and recommendations.
Our ideal candidate loves mobile games and possesses a strong curiosity and passion to understand the “whys” that drive player behavior and decision-making. He/She will be adept at using traditional research methods, and is comfortable suggesting new approaches and original thinking.
- Elevate and represent the voice of the consumer across the organization to enable a culture that is anchored in deep and empathic player understanding.
- Design, implement, and lead high-impact quantitative and qualitative research to support a number of cross-functional teams including product, studio, marketing, analytics, product management and business development.
- Manage vendor relationships and contract / sourcing processes.
- Lead and manage qualitative research including usability studies, playtesting, in-depth interviews, etc. .
- Lead and manage quantitative projects including concept testing, ad testing, positioning, large-scale playtesting, IP research, brand research, etc.
- Partner with Product Managers and Data Science to enrich research findings with analytics and behavioral data.
- Ensure that all deliverables are actionable, grounded in deep player knowledge and psychology, and guided by a broader understanding of business context.
- Take initiative to stay current with industry trends and best practices in the mobile games industry.
- Manage our insight community of VIP players to gain agile and ongoing player feedback in an environment that builds upon past understanding and paints a holistic view of our highly engaged players.
- Mentor junior researchers.
- 10+ years of consumer insights experience, preferably within the entertainment, tech or gaming industry.
- Must love mobile games, particularly casual games. Familiarity with mobile game mechanics is required.
- Experience executing a variety of quantitative projects, including survey design, concept testing, brand research, media consumption, and motivational segmentation. Understands the different applications of each to select the right methodology for the hypotheses being tested.
- Experience executing a variety of qualitative research techniques, including usability testing, in-depth interviews, focus groups, and concept testing. Understands the different applications of each to select the right methodology for the hypotheses being tested.
- Self-starter with passion, energy, enthusiasm to drive results and affect meaningful change.
- Can organize, clarify and communicate complex ideas quickly, succinctly and accurately. Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet, and quickly responds to inquiries and questions.
- Works effectively and enjoys the interplay across cross-functional teams, such as studio, marketing, UA, data analytics, and product management.
- Flexibility in a fast-paced, undefined environment.
NICE TO HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree required, MA degree in social sciences, marketing science, applied research, or related field is a plus.
- English language proficiency required.
- Experience with survey tools such as Qualtrics or Alchemer
- Familiarity with the gaming industry is a plus
- SAS, R, SPSS, Tableau and/or other analytics software packages a plus
- Familiarity with customer intelligence software
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation for this role. The range listed is just one component of Jam City's total compensation package for employees, which may also include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, certifications, location, business needs, or market demands. This range is based on a full-time position. This range may be modified in the future. In addition, Jam City provides a variety of benefits to employees, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, parental leave, paid time off, a 401(k) plan, life, disability, and accident insurance. Pay Range $102,000 - $168,500
CHECK OUT LIFE AS A JAM CITIZEN:
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.