Manager, Consumer Insights
2 months ago
Job Title:Manager, Consumer Insights
Job Title: Manager, Consumer Insights
Reporting To: Sr. Manager, Player Insights
Department: Player Insights, Activision Publishing
Location: Santa Monica, CA (currently remote)
Come join the team re-defining how we listen to players of the world’s largest entertainment brand! This is a highly functional position that sits within the Player Insights team and is responsible for qualitative and quantitative research analysis. This role requires the ability to think critically, tell a story using data, and work with a team of equally passionate gaming enthusiasts. The ideal candidate is someone with experience at a traditional research supplier or game publisher/developer, with a personal passion for video games who wants to apply their analytic chops and methodological expertise to player insights collected via multiple methodologies. This position will work with stakeholders across the Player Insights team and broader Activision organization to help provide insights on current and potential players.
The right candidate is an analyst that can balance both qualitative and quantitative research - has the ability to manage complex strategic qualitative projects – finding the narrative and appropriate framing to turn insights into action and can distill large data sets, unearth narratives, and visualize insights in compelling ways – with experience using data analysis tools at a high level.
- Manage multiple projects, demonstrating a clear ability to multi-task and manage both qualitative and quantitative research from project need and design to analysis and presentation
- Manage phases of the quantitative and qualitative research process, including questionnaire/discussion guide design, field/recruiting, and tab, data analysis, and report/slide/insights generation and presentation
- Ensure quality control processes are in place across data pulls from dashboards or other data analysis platforms
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data, writing cogent data-backed “stories” and present results to internal stakeholders in engaging and persuasive ways
- Manage syndicated tools, running bespoke analysis with large data sets (strategic audience analysis, market sizing, cohort profiling, KPI trending, etc.) to meet business/key stakeholder needs
Key Skills Needed
- Analytical; possess an ability to understand and translate research results to help tell a relevant and compelling story
- Team-oriented; enjoy growing with other team members
- Multi-task capable and time-sensitive; proficient in managing multiple research tasks simultaneously and under tight deadlines
- Client service-minded; enjoy helping internal clients solve problems
- Communicative; excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Detail-oriented; able to fully proof questionnaires, survey programming logic, data tables, and reports
- Player-centric and a Gaming Enthusiast; strive to understand player motivations and wants/needs, putting personal gaming biases aside, but drawing upon gaming knowledge and enthusiasm to enhance research insights and processes
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint; Qualtrics, data analytics software (SPSS, Python, R, etc.) a plus
- Client-side experience at a video game publisher and/or developer or video game market research at an agency a plus
4+ years of experience in marketing research (supplier-side or client-side), with the proven ability to manage stakeholder requests throughout the research lifecycle, from devising a research plan, to distilling large data sets or qualitative feedback into insights and a narrative, to writing questionnaires/discussion guides, to managing fieldwork, to presenting findings.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is the world’s largest interactive entertainment company, with operations across North America, Europe, and Asia. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™, and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet! We’re proud to be recognized as one of FORTUNE’s "100 Best Companies To Work For®” for four consecutive years and have earned a spot on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies,” and “Future 50” lists. Our 10,000+ global employees are some of the best and brightest talents across entertainment, media, and technology. The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.