Manager, Community Management - LOR - Global Marketing
2 months ago
Riot Games' mission is to be the most Player-focused company in the world. As such, our Player Community team is essential in bridging the gap between internal teams and devs and our players through Communications, Social, Influencer, and Editorial work.
As the Manager, Community Management for Legends of Runeterra you will work with the Global Marketing Player Community and Brand Management teams to launch the community and communications strategies for Legends of Runeterra. You will develop campaigns, support marketing efforts, and roll-out projects that support our brand, XP, and Marketing teams. You'll work alongside the team of Community Strategists that encompass all of Riot's IP, as well as manage a Global Community Manager. You'll uphold best practices, including Player-First communication standards, working within Riot's social ecosystem to manage thoughtful content across social and influencer strategies. Further, you'll serve as the voice of players during development cycles to ensure that players' needs and expectations are met. The Manager of Community Management for Legends of Runeterra will report to the Senior Manager of Community Management, on the Player Community team.
- Collaborate across Brand, Creative, Editorial, Influencer , Social and PR teams to advocate for player-first ideas, build globally integrated campaigns and strategies, and ensure accuracy in product communications
- Manage the Global Community Manager that supports Legends of Runeterra
- Serve as the voice of players during the product development cycle to ensure player needs are met and launches are both successful and deeply resonant
- Support and Collaborate with Legends of Runeterra's Developer team with communications, player-facing opportunities, and social media
- Work with Riot's International community teams to guide strategies to localize content that resonates with global audiences
- Manage campaigns from ideation to execution that start to develop the framework for what it means to be a true Riot fan and helps push fans of adjacent Riot IP further down the funnel
- 5+ years' experience working in and managing online communities - including social media, digital marketing, and influencer strategies
- 2+ years of experience managing a direct report, either full time or contract
- Strong familiarity with Legends of Runeterra and other digital CCGs, including game mechanics, community, and knowledge of CCG creators
- Experience with community best practices, including communication strategies, user acquisition, and driving users through the funnel
- Experience overseeing projects from kickoff to execution
- Experience working with in-house and agency creative production teams and an understanding of balancing the art and science of digital marketing and communications
- Experience developing custom community activations
- Familiarity with Riot Games' IP and audiences
- Experience developing strategies to localize campaigns for audiences around the globe
- Experience with collaborative campaign management
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code . Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming .
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.