Manager, Community Development, Mobile
20 days ago
Team Name:Community Development
Job Title:Manager, Community Development, Mobile
Blizzard is seeking a well-itemized Manager of Community Development to lead our community efforts on an unannounced mobile title. This is someone who has a deep understanding of what is required to grow, engage, and build player communities on a global scale, and is passionate about developing a team of player-centric community professionals required to meet the needs of the product and community. They are end-game content and channel strategists, comfortable collaborating with influencer networks, and have all the requisite mats to craft strategic community plans and programs. Most importantly they have a deep appreciation for the importance of player trust, and always puts the player at the center of their thinking.
- Leadership. Build and lead a team of talented community professionals with clarity and empathy, providing vision, being receptive to their needs, and always raising their gear level.
- Strategic Planning. Own and drive the short and long-term community strategy for the title, translating strategy into plans of action, and setting clear goals and objectives for the team.
- Global Program Management. Develop and manage best-in-class global community and influencer programs, delivering against near-term product goals, while achieving long-term community objectives.
- Content and Channel Development. Remain at the forefront of rapidly changing community ecosystems, defining what good looks like for the team and franchise, and ensuring continued product relevance.
- Collaboration. Collaborate with cross-functional publishing teams, development stakeholders, and external partners, and align them around key community goals and initiatives.
- Knowledge. Add to the ever-expanding Tome of Community Knowledge to learn and grow, understand what is working and what is not, and continuously improve the team.
- 3+ years’ experience leading and managing community teams on major consumer brands and/or entertainment franchises
- Experience working on mobile games, and managing and growing mobile gaming communities
- Demonstrated track record managing major community programs at scale, including new channel growth, developer communications, influencer activations, and content creator initiatives.
- Master of communication channels and the nuances between the strategy, content, and audience for each.
- Pro-active planner comfortable working across multiple complex and highly matrixed workstreams.
- Advanced degrees in communication, marketing, or related field
- Project management training and experience
- Proficiency with Confluence, JIRA, Sharepoint, Sprinklr, Wrike
- A passionate gamer possessing ample experience with Blizzard games
Existing strong personal network within Blizzard’s communities
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- Examples of written work and/or past community programs they are proud of
**Only submittals with the above three materials will be considered.