This job might no longer be available.
Manager, Central Events
Santa Monica, CA
4 months ago
PUBG Corp. is the developer and publisher of the blockbuster Battle Royale video game, PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG). Since its release, PUBG has received worldwide acclaim, selling tens of millions of copies and winning multiple game awards worldwide. Headquartered in Korea, PUBG Corp. has operational offices globally across North America, Europe, Japan, China, and South East Asia.
Located in Santa Monica, the Central Events Department is responsible for the development, planning and execution of PUBG’s event strategy. The teams work closely with regional offices globally to help define effective event strategy while maintaining brand identity and quantifying success within our programs. The newly created role of Manager, Central Events will play a critical role in project management, cross-functional collaboration and cross-regional communication within the department.
The right candidate has experience working in the games or entertainment industry and possesses a background in event marketing, project management and a strong interest in esports. The right candidate thrives in a dynamic, global environment and has a passion for managing global event marketing efforts.
This role will be based in Santa Monica and will require up to 20% travel.
- Manage event planning and operations from pre-production to post-production, including vendor sourcing, contracting, invoicing, logistics supervision of building, sponsor integration, and onsite management as directed
- Create execution plans and post-event reports to support the needs of all cross-functional teams involved in the project. Post-event evaluation to include tracking and reporting key performance metrics, objectives, and goals.
- Work closely with functional teams in publishing, development, creative services and esports to develop and execute successful events globally
- Support collaboration across regional teams to ensure event strategies are meeting the needs of our local marketing teams
- Support project planning efforts to ensure teams have the necessary support to maximize the exposure and impact of PUBG events
- Support cross-company event marketing discussions, ensuring activations are consistent with our brand identity and strategy
- Contribute to creating an organizational culture that celebrates our fans and puts our community at the forefront of our business decisions
- 5+ years’ experience in managing events within gaming, esports or entertainment industries
- Application of critical thinking and analysis to projects and workflow
- Proficiency is MS Office Suite & G Suite
- Possess excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills, while maintaining an ability to always stay focused on the work at hand
- Very organized with excellent time-management skills
- A working understanding of the PUBG IP and franchise required; gamers with experience playing the franchise preferred
- Live and breathe our Core Values: Fans Come First; Obsession for Quality; Challenge, Learn and Win; Together, Open-minded
- Competitive compensation
- 100% family coverage of medical, dental, vision insurance
- Unlimited time off for all employees
- 401K match, covered life insurance
- Subsidized gym membership
- Tasty catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen
- Free parking in Santa Monica!
- Gaming industry incentive trip after your first year paid for by the company
- Lots of PUBG Swag including Loot Box drops, free PUBG play on Steam & monthly PUBG company rumbles
- Team outings and happy hours throughout the year
PUBG Santa Monica is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, the Company will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to apply for an open position, perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the HR Talent team at PUBG Santa Monica, to begin the interactive process.
PUBG Santa Monica provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type.