Manager, Business Analytics & Planning, Call of Duty
Santa Monica California 90405 United States of America
9 days ago
Job Title:Manager, Business Analytics & Planning, Call of Duty
Job Title: Manager, Business Analytics & Planning, Call of Duty
Reporting To: Sr. Manager, Business Analytics & Planning
Department: Business Analytics & Planning Analytics
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall ® , Tony Hawk ®, Guitar Hero ®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders ™ and Call of Duty ® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
We’re currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com, www.activisiongamesblog.com or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
The Manager Business Analytics & Planning will oversee in-game performance business logic, metric design and monitoring, data analysis, insights, recommendations and reporting for Call of Duty focusing on engagement and retention. This role works closely with many Activision business stakeholders, data and studio partners to deliver high quality, and timely performance reporting on our Call of Duty game endevours. As Activision looks towards the next step in analytics and insights, there is a large opportunity to help drive accurate, data driven and coordinated KPIs along with deep analysis of franchise health and opportunities.
The right candidate will be higly productive, proactive and even scrappy. They will possess an uncanny ability to manipulate and translate complex and disparate sourced data into insightful polished analytics with strong narratives driving value for business stakeholders and improving player experiences. They will have the ability to motivate and grow those traits and talents in their direct report along with other team members and embody highly effective leadership. The right candidate will have passion, enthusiasm, forsight, tenacity, strong communication skills, leadership and analytic experience.
Your undertaking includes:
- Lead the in-game analytics team responsible for being the single source of truth for game and franchise engagement metric defiitions, logic builds, UAT, analysis and reporting
- Responsible for you and your team being highly productive. Delivering timely, high-quality and dependable engagement business metrics, game and franchise reporting that lead to actionable recommendations for product marketing, finance, studio and leadership
- Self-start and proactively perform as the first line of data/opportunitiy discovery, highlighting and digging into shifts in the game engagement, player behavior, and game mechanics
- Consistently collaborate and work with the data, tech and studio teams along with other analytic partners ensure the games are instrumented and the data ETL logic can deliver on our analytic use cases
- Consistently and proactively collaborate with a muriad of business stakeholders to align and deliver on areas of focus along with proactively looking for opportunities and risks in the data story
- Work across multiple data sources (GCP, databricks, Redshift, GitHub, Airflow) to build a complete picture of player behavior
- Responsible for leading and growing a Sr. Analyst along with near-shore resources to deliver ever advancing high-quality and timely reports and insights. Eager to and capable of recruiting and source more resources as needed.
We have a tremendous amount of data on how gamers play our games. We need, however, an analytics expert who has the passion, experience, skills and ability to turn that data into action – all driving towards increasing gamer fun. Your background includes:
- 6+ years of experience in database analytics translating very large, complex and multi-dimensional datasets into strong business narratives with management experience (game analytic experience a plus)
- Extremely analytical and productive: Ability to self-catalyze and proactively solve complex business problems through advanced statistics, mathematical modeling, and / or code development
- Advanced Warehouse Skills: Demonstrate vast experience querying large relational databases (Redshift), with construction of new schemas a plus.
- Strong Data Lake Experience: Comfortable querying extremely large semi-structured and unstructured data in distributed data stores (AWS S3/ GCP) using a variety of query tools (Databricks, Presto, Hive, Scala, Spark, Qubole or similar)
- Driven, proactive, self-starter and quick learner. Able to hear a business need in a meeting, quickly bring some insight into the discussion and proactively spin up an analysis with urgency that includes timely recommendations for the business.
- Demonstrates exceptional and high achieving leadership skills. Strong team management and recruiting skills and an uncanny ability to build relationships with partners, peers, team and stakeholders motivating others align and drive towards best practices, productivity, aligned methodologies and objective decision making
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills with a proven track record of working across all levels of the organization. Frequently practices active listening
- Bachelor’s degree in decision sciences, mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering or business generally required (commensurate job experience could be excepted)
- A passion for diving into and experiencing the games and content Activision produces to ensure we are driving the best player experience, and the strongest data-driven recommendations out of our rich data sets
- Some visualization knowledge a plus, distilling massive data into simple to digest visualizations in modern tooling (Tableau, Redash, or similar)
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.