Manager, Battle.net and PC Commercial
10 days ago
Job Title:Manager, Battle.net and PC Commercial
Manager, Battle.net and PC Commercial
Activision Blizzard is looking for an experienced and driven individual with the right mix of formal business leadership skills, passion for gaming, and experience in a high-tech and data-driven environment for our headquarters in Santa Monica, CA or in our Blizzard offices in Irvine, CA. In this role, you will work closely with Battle.net product teams, Activision and Blizzard business units, as well as regional offices and across the global Commercial Organization. Your primary objective is to grow monetization for Battle.net. Ideally, you will have experience working on direct-to-consumer digital content platforms and will have a deep understanding of consumer behavior in order to drive commercial success. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Battle.net and PC Commercial.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’re currently in a work-from-home model, and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position but will transition to at least a partial in-office position based out of Irvine, CA. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Summary of Position
- Assist in leading all PC digital commerce related activity across Battle.net, Steam, Good old Games and Epic Games
- Primary objective is to grow total PC business across ABK with a focus on topline revenue
Merchandising Planning and Strategy
- Help with handling communication with all game publishing teams that are on Battle.net through weekly meetings to ensure the platform is hitting key beats across all franchises, including gaining alignment on Battle.net merchandising support plans.
- Assist in commercial strategy and priorities meeting with editorial team and constantly discuss support plans to gain internal alignment on plans.
- Support all internal and external meetings with Battle.net and Steam; serve as one of the point contacts for all 3P distribution+
- Assist in leading Battle.net, Steam and other PC digital distribution GTM strategy for all PC releases which includes negotiating for merchandising placements on Steam and other PC digital distribution partners, and securing all placements on Battle.net for major releases and product beats
- Contribute to Battle.net Commercial Review meeting bi-monthly
- Build and support product launch recaps across Battle.net and Steam releases
- New product launch prices, Full game download and DLC
Global Pricing & Currency Management
- Assist in maintaining master PC platforms pricing documents and ensure Battle.net pricing is consistent across all PC franchises and SKUs
- Help coordinate with regional finance leads and publishing leads to recommend and finalize all PC pricing across Battle.net and Steam
- Account for fluctuations and supervise global FX currency fluctuations and recommend pricing adjustments when vital
PC Promotional Planning
- Assist in running all Battle.net platform level sales (BF, Holiday, Summer Sale, etc.) and work with franchise teams to design discounts and SKUs to be included.
- Maintain master share promo document for PC titles
- Plan and implement all catalog promotional pricing plan with Steam, Epic Games and Good old Games
- Create and submit discount lists across all PC titles and platforms
- Put together PC promo recaps highlighting sales performance / reporting
- Undergraduate degree level education in business or related field
- 3+ years of validated experience in a business role supporting AAA products
- Strong competence in analyzing data and drawing practical business insight
- Validated experience taking business initiatives from conception to launch
- Outstanding communications, project management, and relationship-building skills; able to communicate effectively with software developers and business leaders alike
- Confirmed ability to work well in a team environment and handle multiple sophisticated projects with diverse groups
- Consistent track record of exerting influence without authority
- Comfortable with uncertainty
- Passionate about Blizzard and Activision games (PC gaming is a bonus!)
- Combination of game development and game publishing experience
- Experience working outside the United States
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.