Manager, Art Outsourcing - Wild Rift
20 days ago
As a Riot Art Outsource Manager, you will help connect product teams to the right external partners while improving art outsource infrastructure and practices. You will build meaningful and trusting external relationships through clear two-way communication and planning. Your approach will ensure sustainable production without compromising quality. A perfect blend between a veteran production artist and logistics expert, you will provide art direction and strive to make the outsourcing experience truly world-class and engaging for all parties involved.
As an Art Outsource Manager on Wild Rift, you will report to the Art Director. You will collaborate with Illustrators, Concept Artists, Character Artists, Environment Artists, Animators, VFX artists, and Technical Artists to build a pipeline of creative content optimized for mobile development. You will also provide art direction to outsource artists and external partners.
- Direct work of external vendors by reinforcing Wild Rift’s vision and voice
- Organizing and leading outsourced tasks through rituals, gathering submissions, providing feedback, and presenting submissions to internal artists for additional feedback
- Facilitating access to correct tools and assets between internal and external teams
- Managing contracts for all vendors and reviewing and approving timecards/invoices.
- 5+ years experience working as an Art Outsource Manager providing art direction and handling several art vendors concurrently, or experience working with multiple external partners
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with vendors and maintaining relationships with multiple vendors and team members.
- Experience overseeing budgets within constraints.
- Experience in the games industry.
- Mobile game experience.
- Experience working with 2D assets, 3D models, Rigging, and Animation in a professional setting.
- Fluency in mandarin
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.