Manager, Analytics - Remote
6 days ago
Manager, Analytics | EA - Pogo - Remote
Location: North America - Remote
Pogo is an EA studio that is building the world's best online casual games destination, a place of playful relaxation and joy for millions of gamers across all walks of life. Our experienced global team provides HTML5 games across the top casual genres, which support increasingly complex metagames and social interactions. Pogo's fans and long-time subscribers count on us for fresh content, daily challenges, great events, and new games.
About the role
You will lead a small team of analysts and will be the driving force for analytics in Pogo. You will report to the Product Director and will be part of the product team. You are a thoughtful, curious person who has a passion for diving into data and building models to understand how players are using our games & features. You will produce insights to help guide design on games, platform and live services to improve acquisition, retention, and monetization for Pogo.
- You will lead and mentor analysts, providing guidance on their analyses, product understanding and articulation of insights.
- Establish and grow the skills and practices in your team to create an outstanding analytics function
- Blend analytical rigor with product knowledge to accomplish deep dives and provide actionable recommendations for product teams and partners.
- Use multiple analysis techniques, model trends in our data to predict the ways in which new content, features and campaigns will affect the economy, performance, and our player experience.
- Develop analysis frameworks to measure and evaluate the impact of features, systems, and promotions
- Use exploratory data analysis techniques to identify meaningful relationships, patterns, or trends from complex data sets and validate your results
- Develop player clusters based on behavioral patterns, which will be used to customize features and content and improve the player experience
- Translate problems into structured analyses or data products that directly create relevant insights that maximize value.
- Create high quality visualizations that are geared towards ease of use and intuitive understanding.
- Partner with engineers and feature owners to design and set up robust telemetry for Pogo that enables high-quality analysis and reporting
- Ensure a high degree of rigor and quality in all projects and ensure that processes are adopted, and best practices are shared.
- Design A/B experiments to test acquisition, engagement, and monetization strategies around our live service offerings.
- Partner with Product partners to build deep understanding of business goals and create impactful data and analytics recommendations.
- Ensure documentation of analysis methodologies, conclusions, and business actions taken. Consider analysis transparency and reproducibility as best practices.
- BA or BS in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field
- 6+ years experience in a product analytics role using data to help guide decisions in a consumer products-oriented industry such as gaming, social networks or entertainment.
- 3+ years hands-on experience in data mining, machine learning, or statistical modeling
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Experience analyzing very large (web scale), complex, multi-dimensional data sets
- Experience with visualization and analytics tools such as Tableau and Google Analytics
- SQL skills, including experience querying complex data sets on a platform such as Redshift
- Experience presenting to people at various levels of business and technical expertise, including the ability to simplify difficult technical concepts
What's in it for you?
A creative environment, engaging work, excellent benefits, and lots of great perks. Plus, the chance to shape the gaming habits and lifestyles of everyone you know – not just the gamers in your family, but all types of players.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together experienced people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more!