Manager, Accounting (Revenue)
1 month ago
Accountants, analysts, and advisors comprise the core of the Finance discipline at Riot, and our work ensures Riot's offices and partners around the world are optimized for strength and speed -- financial and otherwise. We aim to improve and break the mold of finance organizations without forgoing our fiduciary responsibilities. If we're not crunching numbers, you'll find us playing some of the latest games, pursuing our passions or upgrading our knowledge in accounting and finance.
As Manager, Accounting (Revenue), reporting to the Accounting Senior Manager, you'll be in charge of certain areas of the game revenue accounting at Riot Games. You will pick up new revenue streams and thoughtfully develop the technical accounting and operational process in addition to daily accounting activities while working with a revenue system. You will be flexible working at both a review level and a hands-on detailed level. You will work with other teams, including Finance, game teams, Payments, Legal, Data, and Accounting in our global offices. You will play an important leadership role in the Accounting organization around change management, improving processes, scaling accounting, company infrastructure, and operations.
- Develop new processes to handle new or growing game-related revenue streams and associated expenses/accruals
- Research technical accounting, including Principal Agent, Point in Time/Over Time, and Costs to obtain a contract; formalize accounting positions
- Project manage certain daily, period end close, and audit related activities
- Implement improved approaches to internal revenue data and systems, including implementing a revenue system and the related processes
- Mentor team staff
- Review draft contracts to ensure smooth technical accounting and operational use
- Manage relationships with external auditors to ensure completion of annual audits and reviews
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 8+ years of progressive experience with at least 3 years in a leadership role
- Multinational experience
- Experience with revenue recognition in a technology/entertainment company
- Experience training and developing motivated individuals with a clear commitment to the development and engagement of the team
- Big 4 experience and a CPA designation
- Operational experience including B2B transactions and high-volume credit card transactions
- Solid experience with one or more financial ERP systems, i.e. Oracle
- Mobile, console, and other game platform experience
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit , and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match . Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect . We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).