Manager, Accounting (Accounts Payable)
1 month ago
Accountants, analysts, and advisors comprise the core of the Finance discipline at Riot, and our work ensures Riot's offices and partners around the world are optimized for strength and speed -- financial and otherwise. We aim to improve and break the mold of finance organizations without forgoing our fiduciary responsibilities. If we're not crunching numbers, you'll find us playing some of the latest games, pursuing our passions or upgrading our knowledge in accounting and finance.
As the Manager, Accounting (Accounts Payable) , you'll lead the team that guards the integrity of accounts payable sub-ledgers and everything it touches, maintaining constant vigilance for sustaining accurate payments to our vendors. Your management skills, knack to work with teams and ability to design flexible yet risk appropriate processes will make you a success at Riot. Reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager and working in an environment, your experience in accounts payable will lead to smooth efficient daily operations and compliance.
- Hire and train the accounts payable team members
- Oversee the invoice to payment process to ensure accurate payments
- Implement flexible, yet tight processes that keep our payments cycle on track
- Ensure compliance with government agencies
- Build lasting relationships with teams, vendors and other partners
- BA or BS degree in an appropriate field, or earned equivalent spurs on the job; you know that learning never stops, so you continue absorbing new knowledge every day
- 10+ years working in accounts payable and leading a team or four or more for at least five of those years, public company experience
- Experience with large-scale ERP applications that will allow you to get started
- Experience with procure-to-payment processes
- Document system and process changes/improvements, and root cause analysis
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) to turn raw numbers into meaningful financial data, pivoting, formulating and macro-ing your colleagues into a stunned admiration
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code . Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).