9 days ago
As a Management Accountant you will be supporting our Senior Management Accountant and the wider finance team with the monthly revenue reporting process across Packaged, Digital and Mobile game sales on some of the industry’s biggest games franchises. You will be responsible for tracking the various revenue streams, interrogating financial sales data, and reporting the monthly sales and accounting for deferred revenue. The role will also entail building relationships with wider stakeholders for sharing and communicating key insights.
This role would suit someone with prior experience in dealing with multiple revenue streams and multiple currencies and would favour someone with strong organizational and communication skills. Someone who is comfortable with independently reaching agreed targets/objectives and who has an inquisitive mind and a desire to question processes with the view to streamline them.
Duties will include:
- Ownership of multiple revenue streams, including reviewing legal contracts with SEGA partners ensuring revenues are recognised on a timely basis and are appropriately accounted for in relation to IFRS 15: Revenue recognition
- Close involvement in month-end close, including accounting for packaged goods (Revenue, Provisions, COGS and Inventory), posting into Oracle of revenue accruals, deferred income and preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
- Upload monthly ‘Electronic Sales Distributor’ (“ESD”) revenue data files from all ESD Partners into Oracle and generate the invoices for accounts receivable
- Manage monthly data upload of Sony PSN revenue data into Oracle and generate the invoice for accounts receivable and accrue/ defer revenues at month end
- Review data uploads and identify/ map any new product ID codes in the uploads to an internal SKU
- Upload monthly Mobile revenue into Oracle and generate intercompany invoices for submission
- Create monthly revenue royalty reports for submission to head office (SOJ)
- Raise various monthly/quarterly intercompany invoices
- Preparation of quarterly royalty reports including Bundesliga and FIFPRO
- Quarterly reporting of geographical sales analysis across all revenue streams
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Demonstrable post qualification experience in a financial/management accounting role
- Expert in Microsoft Excel and ability to process large volumes of sales data
- Prior experience of Oracle or similar ERP system