Machine Translation Intern
9 days ago
Internship length: 6 months + 6 months
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
What a Machine Translation Specialist Intern does at EA:
- You will support the Machine Translation Team with the execution against EA's Machine Translation (MT) strategy and help accelerate our MT and Real-time Localization vision.
- You will analyze Machine Translation output and feedback on post editing for quality improvements, and clean up TMs, feed glossaries into MT engines.
- You will analyze different evaluation metrics for MT engines and post editing output
- You will test and document the results of output of trained MT engines and post edited output
- You will review human post-edited output to produce high-quality training corpora for MT engines.
- You will support the team with creating guidelines and documentation on best practices for post-editors.
- You will demonstrate active learning and work with other localization functions
Experience we are looking for:
- Fluent English and a linguistic background (Fluency in other languages desirable).
- Current studies in localization technology or translation and post editing studies
- Understanding of MT (SMT, NMT) and Machine Learning basics.
- Knowledge of MT metrics and algorithms for quality evaluation
- Post-Editing Knowledge
- Knowledge of most common mistakes by machine translation and how to categorize and prevent them
- Knowledge of CAT tools
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Experience in one of the world's most successful video games companies.
- Be part of a creative and intercultural environment.
- Fair internship compensation and flexible working hours.
- Further benefits include employee discounts, free public transport tickets, games library, beverages and regular team events.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.