Machine Learning Scientist Intern - Summer 2022
7 days ago
Niantic's machine learning team is looking for interns to help researching and developing machine learning models for advancing our popular titles and our developer platform. You will be mentored by an experienced team of machine learning scientists, and put your lab research and specialized expertise towards a specific a Niantic project. Niantic Engineering leads the advancement of augmented reality and other immersive technologies while creating engaging apps for a userbase in the billions. Come empower players on a game board consisting of the entire world!
- Design, and development new machine learning models which makes positive impacts on millions of users.
- Explore new and emerging machine learning technologies, such as GANs and reinforcement learning, which could potential elevate gameplay experience.
- Depending on project / results, you will be able to publish a paper on your work at the end of your internship.
- PhD candidate in machine learning or related fields from reputed research labs, or Master student who expects to graduate in 2022 with research experience from related fields and labs.
- At least one publication in reputed peer-reviewed conferences in relevant fields (ICML, ICLR, NeurIPS, ACL, EMNLP, CVPR, ICCV, KDD, WWW).
- Proficient in ML models for classification, regression, and clustering; experience with deep learning models.
- Strong command of statistics and the science underpinning machine learning techniques and able to defend choices with math and/or data as well as real-world tradeoffs.
- Proficient in Python.
- You helped to build machine learning models solving real world problems in your previous internships.
- Knowledge of recommender system, reinforcement learning algorithms, or GANs.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.