Machine Learning Programmer (Technology Group)
9 days ago
At the Technology Group (TG), we provide tools, middleware, and services adapted to the needs of Ubisoft game production teams. Be it front-end or back-end solutions, tools, or expertise, we support our productions throughout their life cycle. Through collaboration and innovation, we contribute to boosting the efficiency of pipelines and the development of products to deliver quality games to millions of players worldwide. Exploring ideas, experimenting with new technologies, and implementing stable ones are part of our daily life.
As a Machine Learning Programmer within Ubisoft’s Technology Group, your role will consist in prototyping and industrializing systems using machine learning in order to solve concrete challenges that game productions are facing, that are of great complexity and which require the processing of large amounts of data. An example of such a challenge you could help overcome: predict and prevent the introduction of regressions within the code and the performance of our games.
What you’ll do
Apply software engineering techniques to the creation of prototypes and reliable and high-performance tools for game development teams.
Work closely with product teams to create complete packages that meet production quality criteria (robustness, documentation, completeness, and performance).
Develop and maintain frameworks, libraries, and development tools to facilitate the use of machine learning tools in production.
Provide support to production team members by communicating the capabilities and limitations of their products.
Contribute to efforts to promote machine learning techniques throughout the company by creating training content and participating in outreach initiatives.
- Identify opportunities to improve products and make them sustainable.
What you bring
- A degree in computer science or software engineering (or related training)
- At least 3 years of experience in software development or other relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of Python programming language
- Excellent knowledge of machine learning concepts and practices
- Excellent knowledge of at least one machine learning framework (such as TensorFlow or PyTorch)
- Good knowledge of big data development and NoSQL and SQL data modeling
- Good knowledge of data transportation, transformation, storage, and integrity concepts and practices
Nice to have:
- Experience with Git
- Knowledge of data pipeline alerting and monitoring systems
- Knowledge of public Cloud services (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes considered
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background, experience, and skills.
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Karin. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.