ML Software Engineer
10 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
Creators are the backbone of Twitch, and their sustainability relies on their ability to earn a living doing what they love. As a member of the Commerce ML engineering team, your main focus is to build products and features that allow creators to earn that living. You will work with scientists across the stack and across functions to build the technology and data products that personalizes experiences to enrich our community and protect our business from bad actors. You will own your services - architecting, building and operating them. You will partner with other engineers, scientists, product managers, and data specialists to deliver solutions. Your manager will be part coach, part cheerleader - but never a task manager.
- Work with product managers, scientists, and other engineers to create personalized experiences
- Develop feature and inference pipelines and tools for automating ML
- Build high-quality code, accept feedback on your code and provide feedback to others
- Collaborate with your team on architecture, implementation, and overcoming obstacles
- Obsessively care about and work backwards from the customer's experience
- Experience with big data computation frameworks, such as Hadoop, Flink, or Spark
- Back-end coding skills in modern languages such as: Golang, TypeScript, Scala, or Python
- Exposure to ML frameworks, such as XGBoost, PyTorch, or TensorFlow
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in implementing data structures, data pipelines, CI/CD mechanisms, and orchestration
- Natural curiosity that leads you to outstanding outcomes
- 2+ Years experience developing software in a professional environment
- Experience building consumer-facing products at scale, including deployment and monitoring
- Familiar with building software and services using AWS technologies such as DynamoDB, ElastiCache, Lambda, Step Functions, EC2, SageMaker, Spark, EMS, RedShift, or Kinesis
- Familiarity with A/B experimentation concepts and implementation
- Familiarity with Twitch communities, gaming or streaming your own content on Twitch
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages , etc. ),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.