MBA Product Management Intern (Summer 2023)
8 days ago
Job Title: MBA Associate Product Manager Intern (Summer 2023)
#WeAreEA and we exist to inspire the world to play. EA values creativity, pioneering, passion, determination, learning, and teamwork. We mean things like acting with curiosity, speaking up with original ideas, and committing to each other as one team.
We’re looking for all the best kinds of people to make great experiences for our players. The best people want a job that inspires them, while giving them room to enjoy their lives. And we want to give them that. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
And we want you to join us. We’re hiring an Associate Product Manager Intern.
This role is part of EA’s Customer Experience (CE) organization. CE strives to make EA known for taking care of its players. We’re players taking care of players and people talking to people – whenever, wherever, and however they need us.
This role is responsible for helping define and execute on the technology and innovation that makes it possible for EA Customer Experience to deliver unique player experiences. In this role, you will interact with the IT group responsible for engineering and development as well as with stakeholder groups within CE and EA to ensure a consistent, streamlined, end-to-end support solution for both game teams and players. We are looking for an Associate Product Manager skilled in the art of product management to join the Product Management team. The Associate Product Manager is a critical input to the roadmap definition process for products associated with their product line. This role has a wide range of responsibilities and reports to the Director of Product.
So how does the Associate Product Manager Intern make great experiences for players? They:
- Operate as the business representative to IT and subject matter expert for the assigned product(s) with multiple touchpoints and parallel initiatives
- Transfer knowledge and empower the user acceptance team early in the sprint planning process to ensure their input is provided and incorporated
- Leverage and incorporate data and insights during the planning, prioritization and validation phases to help articulate the impact to the business
- Collaborate in and/or lead player experience design exercises that may lead to Service Design Council presentations
- Stakeholder and partner relationship management
- Consistently communicate and collaborate with partners and stakeholders to ensure they are familiar with the backlog, roadmap and schedule
- Work closely with all stakeholders to ensure their needs and concerns are considered and addressed in a timely and informed manner
- Operate as the point of contact for your product with the various EA central services teams and participate in the partnership through submitting CE requests
- Contribute to the ideas, feedback and data to the roadmap discussions with colleagues within the product line as well as the Principal Product Manager
- Complete the planned activities in a complex business environment with shifting stakeholder needs and timelines
- Develop research plans using qualitative and quantitative data that influences the product roadmap for enhancing existing products and future innovations
- Represent the business when working with the IT department during development
- Track, prioritize and continuously groom defects and their impact to the business while the product is still in one of the phases of Test and Learn, Execute, and Measure
- Participate and collaborate, as the representative for your product, on cross-functional initiatives driven out of the associated internal teams
- Listen to internal and external product users to understand how they use the respective products
- Identify and mitigate product risks once in the production environment and prior to hand-off to the systems team
- Leverage the measurable success criteria and metrics that we can use to track progress
- Ensure documentation on sprint schedules, reporting and associated variances is maintained and up to date
- Accountable for the sprint release notes content
- Collaborate with QA and UAT to ensure testing preparedness, documentation and reporting for your product launch
- Consistently generate and maintain accurate and consistent documentation aimed at ensuring knowledge is not siloed and/or limited to one person or group
- Collaborate with leadership in the continuous improvements to processes associated with and impactful the Product Management team
If you’re interested in this role, you’ll need these skills or experiences:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Working toward a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, Business, or a related discipline (December 2023 or Spring 2024 grads)
- Previous intern experience in product or program management is helpful
- Strong business strategy and critical thinking skills with the ability to get into the technical details
- Confident communicator who likes to present and can share information in a way that both technical and non-technical audiences can easily understand
- Curiosity and passion for improving the customer experience – and experience doing that!
- Experience managing technical initiatives involving stakeholders from different business units working towards a unified solution across divisions
- Experience with JIRA
- Proven ability to network and collaborate
- Ability to understand trends and convert into actionable efforts