13 days ago
This position is responsible for ensuring compliant import and export activities of the legal entity. This includes, without limitation, adherence to applicable U.S. and non-U.S. laws and regulations pertaining to international trade as well as ensuring compliance with Magic Leap corporate policies.
The candidate will interface with freight forwarders, US customs officers, custom brokers, and internal and external customers on all matters pertaining to customs and import and export regulations.
- Create daily international shipping documents, and other underlying documentation for accuracy compliance with EAR and other applicable export compliance regulations.
- Lead export compliance activities such as EAR classification, foreign national screening (deemed exports) denied party screening, export clearance of company’s goods and technology, and recordkeeping in accordance with U.S. policy.
- Assist with the drive, development, implementation and maintenance of work instructions.
- Interact effectively with cross functional teams for all shipping initiatives and ensure the accurate and timely processing of customer orders.
- Establish, review and validate the export (ECCN) or import (HTS) classifications of parts and materials.
- Assist with reviewing and maintaining corrections on export documentation and with AES filings.
- Interface with carriers to assure compliance requirements and suppliers to ensure that their needs are met
- Support internal, external, and government-directed trade compliance audits and assessments.
- Communicate with suppliers and internal customers to ensure they understand and adhere to requirements for the movement of goods.
- Enter inbound pre-alert information, confirm accuracy and add to shared files.
- Interface with multiple carriers to track shipments, expedite documentation for clearance and ensure timely delivery.
- Ensure import documentation is submitted to customs brokers for ocean and air shipments.
- Review shipment statuses and ensure customs / freight is cleared.
- Review in-bond procedures, 7501, 3461, Delivery Order. Bill of Lading, Cargo Manifest and all import/export shipment documentation.
- Ensure bookings are made on time and in accordance with shipping instructions.
- Experience in developing Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
- 5-7 years experience in import and/or export compliance.
- Ability to read and interpret government regulations.
- Strong Knowledge of Incoterms
- Strong communication skills
- Skilled and able to manage Excel spreadsheets.
- Experience with Google Applications.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in import and export.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. In addition to salary, Magic Leap offers a discretionary bonus, equity, and a fully comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees.
US Base Salary Range
$66,000 — $93,000 USD