Logistics Specialist I
5 days ago
Job Posting TitleLogistics Specialist I
SummaryThe Logistics Specialist I will be responsible for a variety of functions including but not limited to; warehouse duties, fleet driver, and PT management. Associates in this position will most likely have a primary focus area and act as a backup in another. This position will report directly to the Logistics Warehouse Supervisor.
This has been designated as a safety-sensitive job because it involves performing one or more tasks/duties that could reasonably affect the safety and health of the employee performing the task(s) or others.
What you'll do
Key Performance Competencies
• Adaptability/Flexibility – Constant changes within the industry requires changes within us.
• Communications – An essential part of our success is the ability to keep everyone informed.
• Customer Focused – Take pride in giving the customer the satisfaction they deserve.
• Dependability – Others count on you to make our business a success.
• Safety – First and foremost! Always perform your duties in safe manner in order to protect our customer, equipment, and yourself.
• Teamwork – A positive attitude leads VGT to be the most respected in the industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Management of our Player Terminals (PT) and other materials at our warehouse. This includes the organization of our materials in the warehouse as well as the staging of these materials prior to loading.
• Firm understanding of our PT Verification Process
• Assist in the loading and unloading of all fleet vehicles
• Record and maintain control of all material transactions
• Operate daily ferries between warehouse and manufacturing facilities
• Processing of materials returning from customer sites (i.e. RMA, MSNV, base removal, etc.)
• Overall security of our warehouse facility and dock area
• Following safety rules and regulations when operating moving equipment (i.e. forklifts, palletjacks, dollies, hoists, and company vehicles)
• Physical inventory and cycle counts
• Facility housekeeping
NOTE: A warehouse position DOES NOT require an associate to carry gaming licenses
• On occasion, may be asked to deliver parts to a customer site
• Assist in the Inventory Department upon request
• May be asked to work overtime
Education, Training and Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent
• (1-2) years CMV driving experience preferred, but not required
• Must have an acceptable driving record
• Must pass DOT pre-employment drug screen, background check, and physical
• Forklift and pallet jack experience preferred
• Basic computer knowledge
• Ability to deadlift a minimum of 75 lbs.
• Ability to push or pull a palletjack with a minimum load of 1500 lbs.
• Physical activities include: standing, lifting, twisting, turning, climbing a ladder, etc.
• Hot/Cold indoor and outdoor environment
• Weather related road conditions and hazards
• If performing duties at a customer site, associate may be exposed to elements expected at a casino: smoking, loud noises, busy patron traffic, and a variety of walking surfaces and hazards.
What we're looking for
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.