5 days ago
Job Posting TitleLogistics Driver
SummaryThis is a full-time hourly position for qualified drivers to transport material between our facilities and to/from our VGT/ATI sites. This position will report directly to the Transportation Supervisor in Tulsa, OK. This will be a dedicated semi run to and from Las Vegas to transport items between our intercompany sites. You will operate equipment, either tractor-trailers or box trucks, that are equipped with liftgates.
A Class A CDL is required for this position.
This has been designated as a safety-sensitive job because it involves performing one or more tasks/duties that could reasonably affect the safety and health of the employee performing the task(s) and others.
What you'll do
Key Performance Competencies
- Safety – First and foremost! Make safety a priority at work every day.
- Focused and Organized – Must be able to stay focused during daily activities and have attention to details for the regulatory processes within the gaming industry.
- Adaptable/flexible – Constant changes within the industry requires changes within us.
- Customer Focused – Know your customer and give them the attention and satisfaction they deserve.
- Communications Skills – An essential part of our success is your ability to keep key stakeholders informed.
- Leadership – Set a positive example to your peers and other co-workers.
- Teamwork – A positive attitude will help make VGT the most respected vendor in the gaming industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate a Semi or Box truck in the delivery and return of gaming material from our customer sites. This can, and will, include out-of-state (OOS) jobs
- Operation of a semi between our facilities in Tulsa, OK and Las Vegas, NV
- Assist in the loading/unloading of gaming material while at our customer sites.
- Special delivery of parts run to a customer’s site with a company vehicle
- Follow protocol to ensure secure loading of gaming material
- Understanding and implementation of gaming regulations stipulated by our Regulatory Compliance Department. Training will be given once hired
- Verify and confirm the completion of the Service Call Supply Checklist, Bill of Lading (BOL), and other essential gaming documents
- Recognizing the importance of securing our material
- Identify and report damaged material
- Observe safety and DOT rules and regulations as implemented by Company, federal, state and local laws
- Accurate and timely completion of expense reports
- Accurate entry of working hours in the timekeeping system
- Understand an abide by all DOT Regulations
- Conduct both pre-trip and post-trip inspections on each trip to ensure safe working conditions of our vehicles
- Check gauges and visual indicators for potential malfunctions and report any issues immediately to your manager
- Always ensure the safety and security of our material
- Must be able to obtain and maintain all gaming licenses (similar requirements to a security clearance)
- Represent company in a positive image
- This is a full-time position. Overtime hours are possible and may be required in order to complete the required work.
- Assist warehouse team with loading/unloading of trucks and/or other warehouse duties when time allows.
What we're looking for
- Understanding and awareness of DOT Regulations
- Understanding of Electronic Logging Device (ELD) functions
- Follow all VGT and tribal policies and regulations
- Good communications skills
- Process oriented with structured decision-making skills
- Customer oriented (both internal and external)
- Be both a team player and an independent thinker
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications
Education, Training, and Experience
- Class A CDL Endorsement (Required)
- Over-the road experience preferred but not required
- High school diploma. Higher education is a plus.
- Ability to manually lift a maximum of 50 pounds. Manual lifting over 50 pounds requires 2 or more people
- Ability to manipulate weight in excess of 50 pounds, using equipment such as dollies, machine lifts, sign lifts, etc.
- Physical activities could include standing, lifting, twisting, turning, and climbing
- We operate in all seasons. Dress appropriately for current weather conditions.
- Over-the-road driving that may include inclement weather and hazardous road conditions.
- Most of our customers sites are casinos. While performing duties onsite, you may be exposed to second-hand smoke and loud noises.
- Some customer sites do not have a dock. You will use a liftgate and pallet jack to unload and reload.
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.