Localization Specialist - Japanese (Contract)
8 days ago
Bandai Namco Entertainment America is looking for a passionate Localization Specialist – Japanese (Contract) to help review and elevate our exciting IP. You will be responsible for reviewing, editing, testing and otherwise supporting epic projects to ensure games are released with the highest regards to quality. We expect you to get hands on, play the game, review texts, listen to incoming VO, and otherwise help own the game’s linguistic quality from start to finish! You will be working closely with the localization project management, QA, customer service, internal and external localization service providers all to release the best game possible. Below, you’ll find some of the character attributes we’re looking for in a Localization Specialist.
Flexible, Remote and Work From Home options are available for this position until approximately April 2022. Afterwards we expect all employee's to join us at our new offices in Southern California where a hybrid work schedule will be observed.
YOUR CHARACTER SHEET
Your Localization Ninjutsu Abilities
- You wield words as ninjas wield Kunai! You’re exceptionally talented in both Japanese and English and capable of fluently conversing in both.
- You have experience in auditing localization quality and providing actionable feedback.
- You will support the team in the creation and maintenance of glossaries and translation memories.
- You are a one man/woman strike team. You will perform risk assessments, linguistic QA, and open/resolve linguistic issues as the mission requires.
- You are meticulously detailed, organized, and are capable of prioritizing assignments like a Jonin.
- You’ll get hands on with English recording scripts and have experience with how to best review and organize complex information.
Levels in Project Management Ninjutsu
- You are the right and left hand. You will assist the localization project managers in the delivery of localized assets and other tasks.
- You will provide actionable feedback on the state of the localized product.
- You have an awareness of first party requirements and long to recite them from memory.
Levels in FUN
- You are passion incarnate! You are a connoisseur of digital entertainment – you enjoy anime, video games, movies, and are familiar with Bandai Namco IP.
- The best experience is hands-on experience – you play our games and encourage others to do the same!
- You’re a team player and play nice with others.
Your Equipment & Achievements
- Your journey has just begun! You have some experience in the world of localization, preferably the video game industry.
Unassigned Skill Points
- You’ve unlocked additional languages! Spanish? Brazilian Portuguese perhaps?
- Your industry knowledge is just getting started! It ideally includes knowledge of JIRA, Confluence and other more specifics tools such as XLOC, XTM, or other CAT tools.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
About BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc., part of BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc., is a leading global publisher and developer of interactive content — including all major video game consoles, iOS, mobile and online. The company is known for creating and publishing many of the industry’s top video game franchises, including PAC-MAN®, TEKKEN®, SOULCALIBUR®, NARUTO™, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, Dragon Ball®, GALAGA®, RIDGE RACER® and ACE COMBAT®. More information about the company and its products can be found at www.bandainamcoent.com or www.facebook.com/BandaiNamcoUS.