Localization Specialist (English, Russian)
25 days ago
Wargaming is looking to hire a Localization Specialist/Translator to join the Localization & Documentation Department responsible for localizing all the company's products and connecting to a huge player community in their native language.
Localization and cultural adaptation of games, apps and websites are the backbone of our work. Our task is to speak the language of players taking into account the specifics of every region.
We help create the multicultural Wargaming universe that unites our players all over the world.
What will you do?
- Analyze and edit Russian texts and localize them into English
- Plan, organize, and monitor localization into other languages
- Cooperate with other teams and offices to prepare localized assets
What are we looking for?
- Education in linguistics or language studies
- Perfect written and verbal communication skills in English and Russian
- C1 - С2 level in English (CEFR)
- 2+ years of experience as a translator/localization specialist/editor
- Gaming experience
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Knowledge of translation/localization tools (Trados, Deja Vu, SmartCat, etc.)
- Experience in localizing video games
- Knowledge of Ukrainian or any other language (besides English)
- Editing and writing skills
- Experience as interpreter
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 15 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.