Localization Quality Assurance with Dutch
1 year ago
About us :
At Amber, we're always on the hunt for the most talented individuals in the industry to join our team. We're dedicated to delivering top-notch service to our customers and know that our employees are key to making that happen. We offer attractive compensation packages and plenty of chances to grow with us, and we're always on the lookout for ways to do things better. Our team works together towards common goals and we value each member's contributions to our mission of continuous improvement and innovation.
About the role :
Amber is looking for an experienced Dutch Localization QA Tester to work at our offices in Montreal on an on-call basis.
You will be performing linguistic proofreading and testing on various game titles on mobile (iOS and Android), PC and console in a multilingual team of QA testers. If your eagle eyes can spot an extra space, improper phrasing, or a misspelled word in your language, we want to hear from you!
- Testing video game titles and verifying all text, images, and voice-over components in Dutch
- Finding translation, contextual, cultural, and other linguistic errors in video game titles
- Reporting errors in a bug-tracking database and/or translation document in a clear manner
- Providing resolutions for errors reported to improve the linguistic and translated content
- Following and respecting terminology guidelines
- Cross-checking issues between different languages with your team
- Reporting to and following instructions from the Test Lead
- Addressing and escalating problems to the Test Lead
- Native-level language competency in Dutch
- Proof of existing eligibility to work in Canada
- Prior experience as a localization tester and/or translator
- Experience using mobile, PC and console devices and knowledge of their terminology
- Passion for video games
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Professional competency in English
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Strong sense of responsibility and proactive behavior
- Understanding of business needs and the appropriate level of urgency
- French communication skills are an asset
The Reward :
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- A fun and dynamic industry where you can make a difference.
- Additional Days Off - according to Amber’s internal policy.
- Professional and friendly work environment.
- An attractive salary package with private medical services.
- Awesome and talented colleagues.
- Support from all your teammates.
- Access to training and learning programs.