Localization Project Manager
3 months ago
The Localization Project Manager will consistently meet or exceed client expectations by ensuring exceptional service, quality and cost efficiency on every project. Working with assigned client, managing client relationships and managing a broad spectrum of resources the LPM will be expected to deliver to both client and company's requirements/targets.
He/she will be expected to develop and grow those client relationships whilst achieving/exceeding the expected margins by providing creative, industry, technical and tactical business solutions.
The LPM is expected to manage multiple localization projects of different sizes, genres, platforms for multiple clients simultaneously and ensure their profitable, quality delivery within the timeframe agreed with the client.
Full ownership of end to end delivery of assigned projects. Detailed responsibilities are:
- Work closely with clients’ Localisation PoC on project specifications.
- Liaise with clients to understand their goals and expectations, and anticipate/address client needs and concerns to prevent issues.
- Communicate regularly and professionally with clients.
- Participate in client meetings
- Estimate and plan projects from start to finish, with built-in contingencies.
- Develop effective working relationships and ongoing management processes for each project.
- Define the deliverables, resource requirements and work plan for the project.
- Work with the Keywords Resource Management Team to ensure each project is resourced effectively considering the best available resources and the costs of the resources.
- Manage internal and external resources in order to ensure that they perform according to the project instructions, client expectations and the company's QA procedures.
- Monitor project processes (localization plan, budgeting, post mortems, resources, etc.).
- Continuously manage and adapt the work plan and resources required in consultation and agreement with the client.
- Propose solutions for issues that arise during the project and escalate issues to Localization Manager where applicable.
- Provide regular updates / reports on progress of the project to the client.
Adherence to standards
- Work with the company's stakeholders to determine workflow and best processes to follow in order to maximize productivity and minimize costs.
- Identify opportunities and spearhead initiatives to continuously improve service and process under industry specific requirements.
- Ensure KWS QA process is followed and QA standards are met.
- Perform non-language sanity checks to assets prior to delivery.
- Make independent decisions on work methods to be used on projects, while following established standards and procedures of the Service Line.
- Manage Project Finance via internal tool (issue freelancer / vendor POs., maintain project details, issue client invoices)
- Manage internal/external costs, monitor profit margin on projects. Take actions when margins are below target, work with Localization Manager and other Localization Project Managers in their team to address it.
- Ensure project data in the company's system is accurate, updated and complete.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and compile daily, weekly, monthly and ad hoc reports as appropriate.
- Participate in regular internal meetings.
- Take responsibility for personal learning and training needs and effectively applying business specific technology and methodologies.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Minimum 3-year experience as a Localisation Project Manager either on client or Vendor side
- PM/translator experience with memoQ an advantage
- Degree in Business, Translation, Computer Science or Games Development
- Experience in the Games industry an advantage
- Must be motivated, proactive and a team player
- Excellent Korean and English written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Flexible towards working hours
- Ability to cope under pressure and to work to tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of additional languages an advantage.
- Passion for the video game industry.