Localization Project Manager
15 days ago
The Project Manager will plan and execute game localization of varying sizes and scopes. The LPM will be required to ensure Localization/ Internationalization of our games on various platforms, including all console platforms, with multiple release regions and timelines. Some of the duties required for this position are the management of production timelines, budgets, coordination and communication with internal and external resources, and time-critical handoffs to our Production and QA teams. A track record of process improvements and excellent communication skills to shape the strategy of our localized products will be a necessary foundation of success for this position.
Flexible, Remote and Work From Home options are available for this position until approximately April 2022. Afterwards we expect all employee's to join us at our new offices in Irvine, California where a hybrid work schedule will be observed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work to ensure assigned projects ship fully localized and without issues
- Create and maintain localization budgets, cost analysis, and project release schedules
- Communicate all budgets, schedules, and quality parameters with our internal and external service teams and manage accordingly
- Coordinate with teams in the US, Europe, and Japan on package design, product manual creation, PR, and other product release efforts
- Work with Localization Manager to implement process improvements and optimizations for our products released worldwide
- Manage day-to-day relationships with our vendors and clients for deliveries and cost/ resource allocations
- Achieve and maintain excellent quality localization for our games, from game text to voice over and packaging
- Analyze project risks and define mitigation efforts to resolve
- Coordinate with licensors on required specifications and communicate accordingly
- Coordinate with various departments for finance and legal requirements
- Execute and monitor contracts and POs with external vendors on assigned projects
- Facilitate effective communication with translators, engineers, and linguistic support staff within project team
- Minimum 4 years equivalent experience in computer entertainment industry
- Expertise in project management, resource, and asset tracking
- Experience with localization and internationalization for different regions
- Native level English language skills is required; Japanese language skills a big plus
- Knowledge of game industry
- Ability to successfully lead projects from conception through publishing, on multiple platforms
- Hands-on experience with voice over recording
- Basic knowledge of PC hardware and software applications, including familiarity with system strengths and limitations
- Significant expertise in effectively working with groups of diverse people, functions, and projects
- Great interpersonal relationships
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Strong initiative and proactive approach
- Excellent problem-solving analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to a rapidly changing priority
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, Associate Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience working on a console or PC development pipeline
- Experience with Japanese business communication
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
About BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc., part of BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc., is a leading global publisher and developer of interactive content — including all major video game consoles, iOS, mobile and online. The company is known for creating and publishing many of the industry’s top video game franchises, including PAC-MAN®, Tekken®, SOULCALIBUR®, NARUTO™, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, Dragon Ball®, GALAGA®, RIDGE RACER® and ACE COMBAT®. More information about the company and its products can be found at www.bandainamcoent.com.
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. is providing the following notice regarding the Personal Information we collect and use in the context of this job application: https://www.bandainamcoent.com/legal/bnea-privacy-ccpanotice
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.