Localization Project Manager - In-house/Remote
8 days ago
Keywords Studios Brazil, a Keywords Group company, provides international media localization, translation, voice recording, localization testing , and international content creation services through its network of project managers, recording studios, and selected linguists around the world.
The Localization Project Manager will manage all assigned projects from initiation through release, identifying, scheduling and supervising all project phases and tasks. The Localization Project Manager will effectively manage day-to-day communication with the client as well as with all project team members and resources and ensure that quality, schedule and budget expectations are met.
The ideal candidate will have to:
- Manage assigned localization and audio projects from project initiation through release to operation.
- Define, prioritize, track and manage requirements and deliverables.
- Drive issue resolution and address contingencies in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain complex localization schedules and assign resources as required.
- Create, track, and adhere to project budgets, schedules, and timelines. Expose, report on, and resolve deviations and variances. Ensure all projects are completed within designated timeframes.
- Closely monitor financial status of localization projects, including creating accurate estimates, setting up project budget, tracking vendor contracts and invoices, performing financial closure at project end, and identifying and correcting budget overruns.
- Develop project strategies and plans.
- Proactively communicate with clients regarding project status, queries from translators, and other issues.
- Identify, assign, schedule, supervise and train team members for projects (translators, reviewers, recording studios, sound engineers, voice directors).
- Prepare and distribute reports for clients and internal colleagues regarding status of projects.
- Organize and lead project meetings.
- Contribute to project management and cross-company initiatives, taskforces, and general process improvements.
- Minimum 1 year experience as a Localization Project Manager either on client or vendor side, preferably in the Video Games / Entertainment industry.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in English and Brazilian portuguese
- Diploma in Business, Translation, Computer Science, Games Development or equivelant.
- Excellent knowledge of PC and MS Office products is essential.
- Knowledge of MemoQ and other localization tools is desired.
- Passionate about games, knowledge of the global game industry and game development cycle.
- Experience working with multi-cultural teams both on-site and remotely.
- Working knowledge of project management tools such as JIRA and Trello.
- Ability to multi-task with projects and resources
- Ability to lead the project, the project team, and to plan and prioritize tasks
- Ability to work as part of a team, under pressure, and with tight deadlines
- Excellent communication, negotiation, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving attitude with experience in working in a dynamic and fast growing/changing environment
- Client focused with a cross cultural approach
- Flexible approach to people, projects, and assignments