London, London, United Kingdom
4 days ago
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large ance and in creating communities that last. In 2018 & 2019, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
You will be the primary localization stakeholder for a number of Zynga’s Europe-based games, responsible for coordinating and owning every step of the localization and LQA process. Daily responsibilities include coordinating with outsourced translation and LQA teams to schedule, prepare and oversee all aspects of translation and testing, working closely with Europe-based game teams to deliver localization and LQA sign-offs on schedule per game, and serving in an important role as a UK representative of the International Production team based in San Francisco.
- Coordinate daily localization jobs for all content types, owning all aspects of the Translation Management System for your games, including monitoring of all automated string pipelines, creating manual localization jobs, and managing the translation workflow.
- Work with game teams to gather contextual information and provide to our translation partners for all translation jobs.
- Prepare daily LQA testing tasks per game, either overseeing live UK-based testing or delivering an LQA test packet to our testing partners to enable Pacific time zone testing.
- Work with our LQA partners to create, implement and maintain LQA test plans according to release schedules per game.
- Support external localization and LQA partners by reviewing work and providing feedback.
- Foster a strong working relationship with our external localization project management and LQA test lead points of contact.
- Supervise and maintain ownership of the localization bugs logged by LQA.
- Identify and highlight bug trends and other areas of risk to internal and external stakeholders.
- Plan detailed localization and LQA schedules one week in advance and high level schedules months in advance.
- Provide monthly budget forecasts up to two years in advance and ad-hoc updates as needed.
- Develop a deep understanding of all assigned games.
- Evangelize best practices, contribute to strategic decisions, and proactively problem solve as the localization subject matter expert for assigned games.
- Ensure effective collaboration between International Production, game teams, and other central service teams for all assigned projects (e.g. Marketing, Legal, etc.).
- Work closely within the International Production team to improve localization and LQA processes.
- Production and/or QA Test Lead (or equivalent) experience.
- Knowledge of and experience in the globalization industry, including localization, internationalization, and game/software development.
- Strong project management skills; ability to multi-task and manage schedules, budget and prioritization per project.
- Flexible, motivated, self-starter, and continuous learner; enthusiastic and goal-oriented; exceptional team player; pro-actively resolves ambiguity and loose-ends.
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills, as well as internal and external communication skills. Proactive communicator that can keep the internal teams based in San Francisco and India, and vendor teams based in Europe, properly involved and informed.
- Passion for social games.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite and Google docs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Proficiency with bug tracking databases, preferably JIRA.
- Experience with translation, project management, and or test case management software a plus.
- Fluency in one or more language (other than English) a plus.
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.