Localization PM Intern
San Mateo, CA, United States
7 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2020.
Localization PM Intern
San Mateo, CA
- As the Localization PM Intern you will be assigned to help with localization project coordination and quality assurance (editing/proofreading) projects. You will also conduct high-level analysis on other languages though the primary language focus will be one of the target languages. You will work on several kinds of localization projects such as the PS4 User Interface strings, software terminology guides, new features lists, naming conventions and marketing deliverables.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree and/or within 1 year of their post-graduation date
- Bilingual (English plus one of the PS system languages) and translation/editing skills
- Highly motivated with outstanding verbal and written communication skills and be able to work with others at all levels
- Personable and able to build relationships with many different people in various locales
- Knowledge of Terminology, Glossaries and Style Guide review
- Knowledge of Translation Memory maintenance using a Translation Management System
- Experience with video localization, subtitling experience is a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.