3 months ago
You thrive in an environment where you get to work within a cross-functional team and make great things happen. You bring a firm understanding of the unique development, marketing and analysis requirements involved in creating and operating a successful free-to-play game. In return, you will be working with a team of talents across all disciplines to deliver new exciting content and features to a passionate fan base.
You will contribute by:
- Coordinating between the development teams and localization vendors for all our games to manage the status of the localization process, provide strings to be translated, and incorporate translated strings to be integrated into the games.
- Implementing translation deliveries and fixing localization bugs.
- Collaborating with the team to design a long term localization strategy.
- Performing analysis of current Localization Processes and proactively identify potential optimizations and implement creative solutions to challenges.
- Creating and maintaining process and workflow documentation, including tool documentation, training materials and best practices.
- Managing effective communication with all Localization stakeholders worldwide and function as Point of Contact for internal development studios.
- Planning, scheduling and monitoring the progress of multiple localization projects and delivering timely and accurate reports concerning project status.
- Reviewing invoices and validating scheduled vs. actual work performed by the vendors.
- Suggesting and leading process improvement initiatives, particularly with internal localization tools.
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in...
Your background includes:
- 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably in the mobile game industry.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work under deadlines and stressful conditions.
- Excellent organizational skills paired with strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills with a proven track record of communicating effectively with members of all levels.
- Resourceful in making decisions in a timely manner, with the ability to empower the team on problem-solving at all times.
- Language enthusiast with the ability to effectively communicate and resolve linguistic issues.
You are excited about pulling together all the puzzle pieces and getting them into the right places in the sense of localization. We have a dynamic team environment where everyone is willing to extend a helping hand for one another. You will influence the way we manage localization and will partner with people to make great things happen for our games.
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.